The Marilyn Manson Wiki:News Archive/2007
From MansonWiki, the Marilyn Manson encyclopedia
- On December 20, 2007, Marilyn Manson countersued ex-keyboardist Madonna Wayne Gacy. As a reaction to the lawsuit Gacy filed against Manson in August of this year, Manson claims, "keyboardist Stephen Bier did not carry out obligations to take part in master recordings, concerts and the selling of band merchandise," according to which states that Manson is seeking unspecified general and special damages.
- On December 15, 2007, at a concert in Stockholm, Sweden, Marilyn Manson announced production on an upcoming DVD. The announcement and ensuing performance of "Disposable Teens" can be seen .
- On December 14, 2007 in a telephone interview held with the Mexican music show Calibre 45, Manson announced his work on an autobiography, his second. Initial speculation about this being the postponed novel Holy Wood appear untrue, as Manson stated he has been gathering notes and diaries for the sequel to his 1998 autobiography The Long Hard Road Out of Hell.
- On December 14, 2007, the winner of the MTV competition "Manson in Your House" had Marilyn Manson as a band perform in his apartment where they performed "Putting Holes in Happiness", "The Dope Show" and "The Beautiful People". An interview about the performance can be seen on .
- On December 7, 2007, 24 new tour dates were announced for the Winter North American tour leg of the Rape of the World tour. This will be the band's second tour leg in North America, spanning from January 19, 2008, until February 25, 2008.
- On November 16, 2007, an exclusive Hot Topic release was announced, a Marilyn Manson download card featuring six songs and two videos. Among the tracks are previously released remixes of "Putting Holes in Happiness" plus new unreleased remixes of "If I Was Your Vampire" and "They Said That Hell's Not Hot". It was also announced that "Are You the Rabbit?", "Mutilation Is the Most Sincere Form of Flattery" and "You and Me and the Devil Makes 3" are to be used in a new Warner Bros. online campaign. Also this month an energy drink endorsed by Marilyn Manson sees release though Hot Topic chains.
- On October 26, 2007, the "Putting Holes in Happiness" CD single was released, featuring a remix of the track by Yeah Yeah Yeahs guitarist Nick Zinner. The remix can also be heard on the recently released soundtrack to the 2007 video game Guitar Hero III: Legends of Rock.
- On October 15, 2007, a Japanese edition of Eat Me, Drink Me was released, contains a bonus DVD, with the uncut "Heart-Shaped Glasses (When the Heart Guides the Hand)" and "Putting Holes in Happiness" music videos. The album also contains remixes of "Putting Holes in Happiness" and "You and Me and the Devil Makes 3".
- On September 14, 2007, 28 new Marilyn Manson Paintings were unveiled. The pieces will be exhibited in Brazil, on the Les Fleurs du Mal exhibition. The new paintings can be seen .
- On August 23, 2007, the video for Marilyn Manson's upcoming single "Putting Holes in Happiness" was premiered on Yahoo.com. The video can be seen .
- On August 22, 2007, several online stores commenced sales of Marilyn Manson's signature brand absinthe, Mansinthe. Information on where it can be purchased can be found on .
- On August 7, 2007, several new European tour dates were announced. Marilyn Manson will play several shows throughout November and December, amongst which the band will attend Belgium, Germany, the Netherlands, Portugal and the United Kingdom. More detailed information can be found here.
- On August 7, 2007, the release date for the next single "Putting Holes in Happiness" was announced. On the release is planned for September 3, 2007. The single will be released in Germany on September 7.
- On August 2, 2007, former keyboardist Madonna Wayne Gacy filed a lawsuit against Marilyn Manson, allegedly claiming Manson has been using the band's profits to fund his collection of Nazi paraphernalia, his drug addictions, his wedding with ex-wife Dita Von Teese, and the production of Phantasmagoria: The Visions of Lewis Carroll, amongst other accusations which can be read on . According to the lawsuit, Gacy asked to be refunded $20 million in payment. Manson stated he will defend himself against these allegations.
- On July 20, 2007, Marilyn Manson performed "Putting Holes in Happiness" on The Tonight Show With Jay Leno.
- On July 5, 2007, Marilyn Manson announced that his signature brand of absinthe, Mansinthe, would have its first shipment on August 7, 2007. Potential buyers beware of the purchase and consumption laws of absinthe in your respective country.
- On July 1, 2007, Marilyn Manson joined Alice Cooper onstage at the B'estival in Bucharest, Romania, to perform Cooper's "Eighteen". During Manson's set later that evening, Cooper joined Marilyn Manson onstage to perform "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)".
- On June 28, 2007, Marilyn Manson opened his art gallery in Cologne. Thirty-three of his paintings were exhibited, with prices ranging from $1,000 up to $55,000.
- On June 13, 2007, Eat Me, Drink Me debuted at No. 8 in the United States where over 88,000 copies of the band's latest album have been sold. Other top-ten notations were in Austria (No. 2), Germany and France (No. 5), Japan and Italy (No. 7), the United Kingdom, Australia, and Sweden (No. 8, 9 and 10 respectively).
- On June 5, 2007, Eat Me, Drink Me was released worldwide. Also, it was on this day that the band performed "EAT ME, DRINK ME" for the first time, live. The band played the song properly closing their set at the Palais Omnisport in Bercy, France.
- On May 26, 2007, four new songs from the then-upcoming album Eat Me, Drink Me debuted live in Landgraaf, Netherlands: "If I Was Your Vampire", "You and Me and the Devil Makes 3", "Putting Holes in Happiness", and "Just a Car Crash Away".
- On May 25, 2007, the 2-disc "Heart-Shaped Glasses (When the Heart Guides the Hand)" single was officially released in Europe. B-sides on the single include "Putting Holes in Happiness" (Acoustic Version) and "Heart-Shaped Glasses (When the Heart Guides the Hand)" (Penetrate the Canvas Remix).
- On May 23, 2007, Marilyn Manson and Tim Skold appeared on UK radio station Radio 1 to discuss Eat Me, Drink Me, and performed two acoustic songs; one a rendition of "Heart-Shaped Glasses (When the Heart Guides the Hand)" and the other a Justin Timberlake cover titled "What Goes Around... Comes Around".
- On May 22, 2007, an official Eat Me, Drink Me Evidence") become available for streaming. was discovered through a link found in the Europe "Heart-Shaped Glasses (When the Heart Guides the Hand)" single. The site contains lyrics, an art gallery, a mosaic, and the ability to stream up to two tracks per day starting on May 28, 2007. Upon completion of the mosaic, an Eat Me, Drink Me wallpaper becomes available for download, and three preview tracks ("Heart-Shaped Glasses (When the Heart Guides the Hand)", "If I Was Your Vampire", and "
- On May 18, 2007, the official booklet of Eat Me, Drink Me was posted on Marilyn Manson's official website in its entirety.
- On May 1, 2007, Eat Me, Drink Me was leaked onto several peer-to-peer networks.