Luci in the Sky with Demons
|"Luci in the Sky with Demons"|
|Song by Marilyn Manson|
|Album||The Family Jams|
|Recorded||August 1991–August 1992|
|Label||Beat Up Your Mom|
|Composer||Daisy Berkowitz, Gidget Gein|
"Luci in the Sky with Demons" is the sixth and final track on the 1992 release The Family Jams. Several lines of lyrics were later reworked for "Angel with the Scabbed Wings" and "Man That You Fear", two songs from the band's 1996 album Antichrist Superstar. The song title was inspired by the Beatles song 'Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds', the capital letters here used by both bands spell out L-S-D, commonly believed to be a reference to the drug.
- "Luci in the Sky with Demons" — Appears on The Family Jams.
- "Luci in the Sky with Demons" (Remastered mix) — Appears on Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids second studio album.
I'll spread me open, stick to my ribs Are all your infants in abortion cribs You run like roaches, you try to die I know your poison in our space we'll lie To an obscene god we will dance and spit The skin is thin, in our beds we sit We take off our rings and we kneel Our scabbed knees are so slow to heal Stretch a little boy hole for looking-glass people I don't want to be me,I don't want to fear, no Mama's got a scarecrow Got to let the corn grow A man can't always reap what he sows Cut, cut, cut in pantomime, mime, mime I'll be your devil if you'll admit you're mine Leave yourself to be ultra-here The chill of fall is always crawling near Spiders in the flowers never know their smell The barbers here know secrets they will never tell Cut, cut, cut in pantomime, mime, mime I'll be your devil if you'll admit you're mine"
- The lyrics "I'll spread me open, stuck to my ribs, Are all your infants in abortion cribs" were later reworked and featured in the songs "Man That You Fear" and "Revelation 9". They were also featured in a letter from Manson included in the liner notes of the Refrigerator demo tape.
- The lyrics "Stretch a little boy hole for looking-glass people, I don't want to be me, I don't want to fear, no Mama's got a scarecrow, Got to let the corn grow, A man can't always reap what he sows" were reworked and featured in the songs "Angel with the Scabbed Wings" and "Scapegoat".
- It's possible the lines "Cut, cut, cut in pantomime, mime, mime" were repurposed in "I Want to Kill You Like They Do in the Movies".
- On some bootlegs this track and "Cake and Sodomy" are mislabelled as "White Trash".
- Both the synthesizer and some notes in the intro of the song are a rip off of "Lucy in the Sky with Diamonds" by the Beatles.