Twins of Evil Tour
|Twins of Evil Tour|
|Tour by Marilyn Manson|
|Supporting album||Born Villain|
|Start date||September 28, 2012|
|End date||December 12, 2012|
|Marilyn Manson tour chronology|
| Hey, Cruel World... Tour
| Twins of Evil Tour
| Masters of Madness Tour|
Twins of Evil Tour was a combined tour featuring both Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie as headlining artists. Rumour surrounding a possible joint tour began circulating the internet May, 2012, after both acts were listed and performed as a part of the 2012 Rock on the Range festival line up. Speculation further added to rumour when it was announced in July that both acts would perform at the first annual Desert Uprising festival. It was later revealed online  that the tour is confirmed and will feature opening sets by Slipknot's Sid Wilson, AKA DJ Starscream. Jonathan Davis was to perform but was advised by his physician to rest after an 8 week overseas tour.
- Marilyn Manson – vocals, additional guitar
- Twiggy – guitar, backing vocals
- Fred Sablan – bass
- Jason Sutter – drums
The following list contains the most commonly played songs in the order they were most generally performed:
- "Hey, Cruel World..."
- "Disposable Teens"
- "The Love Song"
- "No Reflection"
- "The Dope Show" (with "Happiness Is a Warm Gun" intro)
- "Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every Day"
- "Rock Is Dead"
- "Personal Jesus"
- "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" (with "The Reflecting God" outro)
- "The Reflecting God"
- "Coma White" / "Coma Black (a) Eden Eye"
- "Antichrist Superstar" (with "King Kill 33°" intro)
- "The Beautiful People"
- "You're So Vain"
|Tour Leg||Time Span|
|Twins of Evil Tour: North American Leg||2012/09/28 – 2012/10/31|
|Twins of Evil Tour: European Leg||2012/11/26 – 2012/12/12|
- Former Marilyn Manson band members John 5 and Ginger Fish performed with Rob Zombie during this tour.
- For the Twins of Evil Tour, Marilyn Manson wore a Pope outfit, similar to the one previously worn during the Guns, God and Government Tour, during some performances of "The Love Song" and "Valentine's Day".
- For the opening song "Hey, Cruel World...", Manson would wear a black half-skull mask.
- For the Twins of Evil Tour, the shows featured a new stage set-up, including multiple Celebritarian crosses lit up across the stage and various backdrops. A revamped podium was used for performances of "Antichrist Superstar"; it featured an embossed version of the "shock symbol" and was enclosed in an elongated fence made from pipes. The top was adorned with various loudspeakers and barbed wire.
- During the Twins of Evil Tour,"King Kill 33°" was performed, with vocals by Twiggy for the first time, as an introduction to "Antichrist Superstar". Manson would often enter the stage wearing a wool military peacoat and wielded a megaphone whilst singing the lyrics before ascending the podium.
- During the Twins of Evil Tour,"The Reflecting God" was played as an outro to "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)"
- Beginning with the Twins of Evil Tour Denver, Colorado October 2, 2012 show, Marilyn Manson resurrected the use of the extended arms prop that was made by Rudy Coby for the performance of "Tourniquet".
- During performances of "The Dope Show", Manson would often wear a white suit jacket with gold sequined lapels, aviator sunglasses and a white fox stole/ epaulette.
- During performances of "mOBSCENE", silver confetti showered the audience. An arrow shaped marquee displaying "mOBSCENE" was also featured, as well as two LED screens which displayed various words and phrases such as "AIDS", "VAGINA" and "SUCK IT".
- Before performances of "Personal Jesus", excerpts to famous speeches were sampled including John F. Kennedy's "Address to the Greater Houston Ministerial Association", as well as Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream". Manson would often sit in a director's chair, whilst facing an illuminated distorting mirror, where he would get dressed and reapply lipstick, with stagehands at his sides. He wore a black suit jacket, black shirt and a red tie and was later changed with a red tie that had the term "AIDS" printed on it using the Antichrist Superstar shock logo for the S. He would then clench an assortment of red, white and blue balloons in his teeth before opening his mouth, letting them ascend. Red, white and blue confetti was also used, as well as upside down American flags.
- Frustration and friction between the bands regarding set time constraints became obvious to the public by the tenth show of the tour in Chicago at Allstate Arena after Marilyn Manson was unable to perform their show closer The Beautiful People. After the show, Manson tweeted to his fans: "Sorry to Chicago for not getting to play "Beautiful People." You can sing it in between Zombie songs, his band has already played it." Followed by a second tweet: "Twiggy and I are going to play an acoustic version of our hit song at the after party." Tensions heightened further between the bands at their Detroit show on October 12 after Manson told his fans he loved them and felt bad for not being able to perform longer. Frustration was evident as Manson went on to explain that he had to "fight with someone after the show" and continued into his performance of The Beautiful People as he altered lyrics and renamed the song to The Beautiful (I'm gonna kick your ass motherfucker) people. Zombie responded during his own set blurting out "Suck it Marilyn Manson" and "Fuck you" during his performance of Alice Cooper's School's Out, he taunted Manson further by calling on former Marilyn Manson guitarist John 5 to agree with him by asking: "J5, am I right?"
VIP Golden Ticket Meet and Greet Photo Gallery
All images posted with the owner's permission.