Twins of Evil Tour
From MansonWiki, the Marilyn Manson encyclopedia
|Twins of Evil Tour|
|Tour by Marilyn Manson|
|Supporting album||Born Villain|
|Start date||September 28, 2012|
|End date||December 12, 2012|
|Marilyn Manson tour chronology|
| Hey Cruel World... Tour
| Twins of Evil Tour
| Masters of Madness Tour|
Twins of Evil Tour will be a combined tour featuring both Marilyn Manson and Rob Zombie as headlining artists. Rumour surrounding a possible joint tour began circulating the internet May, 2012, after both acts were listed and performed as a part of the 2012 Rock on the Range festival line up. Speculation further added to rumour when it was announced in July that both acts would perform at the first annual Desert Uprising festival. It was later revealed online  that the tour is confirmed and will feature opening sets by Slipknot's Sid Wilson, AKA DJ Starscream. Jonathan Davis was to perform but was advised by his physician to rest after an 8 week overseas tour.
 Track Listing
The following list contains the most commonly played songs in the order they were most generally performed:
- "Suspiria" (Intro)
- "Hey, Cruel World..."
- "Disposable Teens"
- "The Love Song"
- "No Reflection"
- "The Dope Show" (with "Happiness Is a Warm Gun" intro.)
- "Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every Day"
- "Rock Is Dead"
- "Personal Jesus"
- "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" (with "The Reflecting God" outro.)
- "The Reflecting God"
- "Coma White" / "Coma Black (a) Eden Eye"
- "King Kill 33°"
- "Antichrist Superstar" (with "King Kill 33°" intro.)
- "The Beautiful People"
- "You're So Vain" (Outro)
 Opening Songs
 Tour Dates
|1||2012/09/28||Phoenix, AZ||USA||Desert Uprising Festival|
|2||2012/09/29||Las Vegas, NV||USA||Rock Vegas Festival|
|3||2012/10/01||Salt Lake City, UT||USA||USANA Amphitheatre|
|4||2012/10/02||Denver, CO||USA||1st Bank Center|
|5||2012/10/04||Topeka, KS||USA||Topeka Center|
|6||2012/10/05||St. Louis, MO||USA||Verizon Wireless Amphitheater|
|7||2012/10/06||Little Rock, AR||USA||Arkansas State Fairground|
|8||2012/10/08||Lincoln, NE||USA||Pershing Auditorium|
|9||2012/10/09||Mankato, MN||USA||Verizon Wireless Center|
|10||2012/10/11||Chicago, IL||USA||Allstate Arena|
|11||2012/10/12||Detroit, MI||USA||Energy Music Theatre|
|12||2012/10/13||Bloomington, IL||USA||Cellular Coliseum|
|13||2012/10/15||Youngstown, OH||USA||Coveli Center|
|15||2012/10/17||New York, NY||USA||Hammerstein Ballroom|
|16||2012/10/19||Camden, NJ||USA||Susquehanna Center|
|17||2012/10/20||Uncasville, CT||USA||Mohegan Sun Arena|
|18||2012/10/21||Manchester, NH||USA||Verizon Wireless Arena|
|19||2012/10/23||Boston, MA||USA||Agganis Arena|
|20||2012/10/23||Glens Falls, NY||USA||Glens Falls Civic Center|
|21||2012/10/25||Atlanta, GA||USA||Aaron’s Amphitheatre|
|22||2012/10/26||Orlando, FL||USA||Tinker Field|
|23||2012/10/27||Tampa, FL||USA||1-800 Ask-Gary Amphitheatre|
|24||2012/10/29||Little Rock, AR||USA||TBA - Rescheduled from 2012/10/06|
|25||2012/10/30||Houston, TX||USA||Reliant Arena|
|26||2012/10/31||Dallas, TX||USA||Verizon Wireless Theatre|
|3||2012/11/28||Glasgow||Scotland||SECC Hall 3|
|7||2012/12/03||Amsterdam||Netherlands||Heineken Music Hall|
- Former Marilyn Manson band members John 5 and Ginger Fish performed with Rob Zombie during this tour.
- For the Twins of Evil Tour, Marilyn Manson wore a Pope outfit, similar to the one previously worn during the Guns, God and Government Tour, during some performances of "The Love Song".
- For the opening song "Hey, Cruel World...", Manson would wear a black half-skull mask.
- For the Twins of Evil Tour, the shows featured a new stage set-up, including multiple Celebritarian Crosses lit up across the stage and various backdrops. A new podium was developed for performances of "Antichrist Superstar"; it featured an embossed version of the "shock symbol" and was enclosed in an elongated fence made from pipes. The top was adorned with various loudspeakers and barbed wire.
- During the Twins of Evil Tour,"King Kill 33°" was performed, with vocals by Twiggy for the first time, as an introduction to "Antichrist Superstar". Manson would often enter the stage wielding a megaphone whilst singing the lyrics.
- During the Twins of Evil Tour,"The Reflecting God" was played as an outro to "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)"
- Beginning with the Twins of Evil Tour Denver, Colorado October 2, 2012 show, Marilyn Manson resurrected the use of the extended arms prop made by Rudy Coby for the performance of "Tourniquet".
- During performances of "The Dope Show", Manson would often wear a white suit jacket with gold sequined lapels, aviator sunglasses and a white fox stole/ epaulet.
- During performances of "mOBSCENE", silver confetti showered the audience. An arrow shaped marquee displaying "mOBSCENE" was also featured, as well as two LED screens which displayed various words and phrases such as "AIDS", "VAGINA" and "SUCK IT".
- Before performances of "Personal Jesus", excerpts to famous speeches were sampled including John F. Kennedy's "Address to the Greater Houston Ministerial Association", as well as Martin Luther King's "I Have a Dream". Manson would often sit in a director's chair, whilst facing an illuminated distorting mirror, where he would get dressed and reapply lipstick, with stagehands at his sides. He wore a black suit jacket, red shirt and a tie that often had the term "AIDS" printed on it. He would then clench an assortment of red, white and blue balloons in his teeth before opening his mouth, letting them ascend. Red, white and blue confetti was also used, as well as upside down American flags.
- Frustration and friction between the bands regarding set time constraints became obvious to the public by the tenth show of the tour in Chicago at Allstate Arena after Marilyn Manson was unable to perform their show closer The Beautiful People. After the show, Manson tweeted to his fans: "Sorry to Chicago for not getting to play "Beautiful People." You can sing it in between Zombie songs, his band has already played it." Followed by a second tweet: "Twiggy and I are going to play an acoustic version of our hit song at the after party." Tensions heightened further between the bands at their Detroit show on October 12 after Manson told his fans he loved them and felt bad for not being able to perform longer. Frustration was evident as Manson went on to explain that he had to "fight with someone after the show" and continued into his performance of The Beautiful People as he altered lyrics and renamed the song to The Beautiful (I'm gonna kick your ass motherfucker) people. Zombie responded during his own set blurting out "Suck it Marilyn Manson" and "Fuck you" during his performance of Alice Cooper's School's Out, he taunted Manson further by calling on former Marilyn Manson guitarist John 5 to agree with him by asking: "J5, am I right?"
 Photo Gallery
 VIP Golden Ticket Meet and Greet Photo Gallery
- All images posted with the owner's permission.