From MansonWiki, the Marilyn Manson encyclopedia
Twiggy During Mayhem Festival in 2009.
|Birth name||Jeordie Orsbourne White|
|Also known as||Twiggy Ramirez|
|Born||June 20, 1971 in Coral Springs, Florida (age 41)|
|Genre(s)||Alternative metal, eclectic rock, industrial, hard rock, alternative metal, glam rock, industrial rock, thrash metal|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, record producer|
|Instrument(s)||Bass guitar, guitar, vocals, keyboard|
|Label(s)||Interscope, Ipecac, Suicide Squeeze, Nothing, Rekords, Virgin, Ty Fy|
|Associated acts||Marilyn Manson, Goon Moon, Nine Inch Nails, The Desert Sessions, A Perfect Circle, Satan on Fire, Mrs. Scabtree, Amboog-a-Lard|
|Gibson Thunderbird IV Reverse Bass|
Jeordie Osbourne White (born June 20, 1971), better known by his stage name Twiggy (formerly Twiggy Ramirez), is a professional musician. He was the bassist of industrial metal band Marilyn Manson from 1993-2002 before moving on to A Perfect Circle in 2002, and Nine Inch Nails and Goon Moon in 2005. In January 2008 just prior to the last leg of the Rape of the World tour, Ramirez re-joined Marilyn Manson, coinciding with the departure of guitarist Tim Skold. His stage name is formed from the names Twiggy Lawson and Richard Ramirez. He has also regularly contributed to the famed Desert Sessions recordings with Josh Homme of Queens of the Stone Age.
 BiographyMarilyn Manson. A New Jersey native, he moved to Florida, where he grew up on "Star Wars and heavy metal music". He has three younger brothers, Westly, Dustin, and Ayden. His mother Dana was formerly a cage dancer for such bands as the Ramones, giving Jeordie famous musical contact. He dated singer Jessicka from the band Jack Off Jill from 1992 until 1997. He dated Kate Moss during the Mechanical Animals era. He started dating Jessica Gardner during the Holy Wood era, and considers her his first true love. Jessica Gardner is listed in the Thank You section of A Perfect Circle's "Thirteenth Step" (2003). He used to date visual artist, Roseanne Vecchia during his time with A Perfect Circle as well in Goon Moon. He is currently engaged to Laney Chantal a Suicide Girl and make up artist.
 CareerRamirez was previously a guitarist of Fort Lauderdale, Florida thrash metal band Amboog-a-Lard. He is featured on their debut album A New Hope, and played a number of live shows, leaving the band in 1993. Amboog-a-Lard's music and White's appearance while in the band are quite unlike that of his subsequent time in Marilyn Manson. He met Brian Warner while working in a used records store in a Florida shopping mall, where the two realized they had much in common, and Twiggy was a groupie for the group, his name was Jeordie White. Ramirez however did not finally join until Gidget Gein was fired from the band due to drug abuse. Upon joining Marilyn Manson, Ramirez assumed the appearance of Gein. He was credited as a member of the band on their debut album, Portrait of an American Family, but all of the bass heard on the album was actually performed by Gein. Ramirez's debut recording with the band was on Smells Like Children. The Beautiful People", "The Dope Show", and "Disposable Teens", each of which has had considerable chart success. He ended his long time musical partnership with Marilyn Manson on May 29, 2002. It has been said that White quit the band in order to preserve his friendship with Manson rather than quarrel over the band's creative direction, and thought that it was becoming too much of a routine. After departing the band, he played two live shows with California punk metal band Mondo Generator, and auditioned for the role of second guitar in Queens of the Stone Age, which he lost to Troy Van Leeuwen of A Perfect Circle. He also auditioned for a spot in Metallica, where he is briefly seen in their documentary, Some Kind of Monster. Several months later, White joined A Perfect Circle, the project of Tool frontman Maynard James Keenan and former Tool guitar tech Billy Howerdel as a full member of the band on bass guitar. White later joined Queens of the Stone Age front man Josh Homme on the ninth and tenth volumes of Homme's music project The Desert Sessions. White assisted in the production of Nine Inch Nails' album, With Teeth, and toured with them during 2005-2006 to support the album and then again in 2007 for Year Zero. Jeordie also has his own project with desert-mainstay Chris Goss called Goon Moon, an underground "stoner rock" band. Guitarist David Catching is also involved along with Team Sleep/Hella drummer Zach Hill. Jeordie White worked with Goon Moon in 2005 and with them released the album I Got a Brand New Egg Layin' Machine, recorded at Rancho De La Luna, Prescription and Regime Studios. On January 9, 2008, a press release was posted on Manson's official website saying Tim Skold had amicably left Marilyn Manson and was replaced by White for the last leg of the Rape of the World tour. For his return to the band, White dropped the "Ramirez" moniker; this is also apparent on physical "We're from America" single, which credits the musician as simply "Twiggy" .
- A New Hope (Amboog-A-Lard, 1993)
- Smells Like Children (Marilyn Manson, 1995)
- Antichrist Superstar (Marilyn Manson, 1996)
- Dead Man on Campus ("I Only Want to Be With You" with Twiggy Lawson) (Soundtrack, 1998)
- Mechanical Animals (Marilyn Manson, 1998)
- The Last Tour on Earth (Marilyn Manson, 1999)
- Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death) (Marilyn Manson, 2000)
- The Desert Sessions Volumes 9 and 10 (2003)
- Thirteenth Step (A Perfect Circle, 2003) 
- eMOTIVe (A Perfect Circle, 2004) 
- I Got a Brand New Egg Layin' Machine (Goon Moon, 2005)
- Goal! ("Cast No Shadow (UNKLE Beachhead Mix)") (Soundtrack, 2005)
- Licker's Last Leg (Goon Moon, 2007)
- The High End of Low (Marilyn Manson, 2009)
- Born Villain (2012)
- Lost Highway (1997)
- Closure (1997)
- Pantera 3: Watch It Go (1998)
- Dead to the World (1998)
- God Is in the T.V. (1999)
- Demystifying the Devil (2000)
- The 28th Annual American Music Awards (2001)
- Guns, God and Government World Tour (2002)
- Some Kind of Monster (2004)
- aMOTION (2004)
- Backstage Pass 3: Uncensored! (2005)
- Beside You in Time (2007)
- Ramirez's primary source of income is his regular pay-out of royalties from his interest in the rights to nearly every Manson song. By virtue of two publishing companies set up to handle his rights (Blood Heavy Music and Dinger & Ollie Music, each administered by EMI Music Publishing), White receives twice the amount of money he normally would for his contributions. The one song which has garnered White the most income is "The Dope Show", Manson's best-selling single, which took him no more than 15 minutes to compose.
- He appeared as a radio DJ on the Queens of the Stone Age album Songs for the Deaf.
- He claims to have once masturbated with pizza dough when working at a Florida pizza shop as a teenager. Then soon afterwards he sold the dough to a customer and they filed a lawsuit against the company. He was soon fired afterwards.
- He has been romantically linked to several famous women in music such as Courtney Love from Hole, Sean Yseult of White Zombie, and Jessicka of Jack Off Jill and Scarling..
- He has stated in interviews that, during his departure from Marilyn Manson, he didn't mind people calling him "Twiggy" but preferred to be called by his real name, because Twiggy Ramirez was a character, and he had since dropped that persona. In an interview given by Manson in January 2008 a few days after White's return, Manson stated White will be using the stage name again, albeit without the "Ramirez" moniker.
- He is good friends with Noel Gallagher of the band Oasis. The two often write music and spend time together in Los Angeles.
- He wrote the song "Blood Pollution" for the band Steel Dragon, used in the American film Rockstar.
- His favorite television program is Saturday Night Live. In a 2004 interview on Canadian music channel MuchMusic with A Perfect Circle, Ramirez shamelessly quoted SNL numerous times, often incorporating snippets from Will Ferrell sketches. He has also performed the song "Fred's Got Slacks" which was part of a Will Ferrell sketch, live with A Perfect Circle. In this impromptu performance, Jeordie played an improvised bass riff for it, as well as sang its vocals. For many, this was the first and only time to hear Jeordie sing.
- Jeordie is an avid fan of Star Wars and often makes memorabilia purchases relating to his obsession with it on eBay.
- Often referred to as the male Kinderwhore, White adopted his "Twiggy Ramirez" look from former Manson bassist Gidget Gein and Jessicka of Jack Off Jill.
- On the Dead to the World documentary film, Twiggy can be seen giving Manson fellatio onstage during a performance of "My Monkey".
- Ramirez used to be in a speed metal cover band called The Ethiopians. White mentions that Metallica's "Trapped Under Ice" was one of the songs they covered.
- Twiggy appeared on an MTV Cribs episode: the "Ozzfest Edition" in 2001.
- Twiggy has composed for an eclectic range of artists from Bif Naked to his namesake, model Twiggy Lawson with whom he recorded and produced a duet.
- When in Marilyn Manson, Ramirez, like the other members, had numerous personalized official guitar picks for concert tours. Among the phrases featured on his have been "AIDS Clown", "Coke Whore", "Twiggy", "Base Tendencies", "I Heart Cocaine", and "Fag Bassist".
- He owns over 100 basses and guitars and says his personal favorite is a Gibson Thunderbird IV Reverse, in green, given to him by Nikki Sixx of Mötley Crüe which was used on that band's Shout at the Devil tour. In the videos for "The Dope Show" and "Coma White"; the bass he is playing is actually a Gibson RD Artist, in black, that once belonged to KISS bassist Gene Simmons.
- White has modeled for Manson's Los Angles goth couturier, Terri King during fashion shows in that city in 2000 and 2001.
- In February of 2011, Twiggy appeared as a guest professor for North Hollywood's School of Rock, in which he taught and played The Dope Show & The Beautiful People alongside teens who were involved in the program.
 Marilyn Manson
While in Marilyn Manson, Jeordie used the following basses, among many things, showing a strong preference for Gibson instruments, and basses used by his classic rock mentors:
- 1974 Gibson Ripper L9-S Bass (vintage, as seen in "The Dope Show" video; a gift from Gene Simmons who wrote and recorded with the same instrument on KISS's Destroyer album; he donated this bass to the Hard Rock Cafe in Ottawa, Canada. It is among their most popular pieces of memorabilia on display))
- 1977 Gibson RD Bass (vintage, as seen in the "Dope Hat" and "Coma White" videos; sold to a fan through a mutual friend of Jeordie and Manson in 2005 via eBay)
- 1992 Gibson Thunderbird IV Reverse (seen in the "Disposable Teens" video; used extensively in live performances from 1998-2002; in 1999, while on Manson's Rock Is Dead tour, Jeordie was honored with the Gibson Thunderbird IV Reverse Goth Edition—a sleek, ebony-colored bass in the Thunderbird IV Reverse style, featuring a silver, Gothic-style cross in place of the famous Thunderbird logo—which was made custom for him and still sold today; regardless of version, this model bass is Jeordie's longtime favorite)
- BC Rich Warlock Platinum Bass, used extensively in live performances from 1998-1999, notably during the first live performance of "The Dope Show" on the 1998 MTV Video Music Awards)
- BC Rich Widow Bass (Custom Glitter Purple) (seen in the "Rock Is Dead" video;
- Gibson EB-0
- Gibson EB-1
- Gibson Nikki Sixx Signature Bass
- Rickenbacker Bass
- Dean Metal Man (Southern Flag Design), Used on the Gun's, God & Government Tour.
- Fender Telecaster (Red) tuned to standard EBGDAE.
- Gibson BB King Lucille (Black)
- Gibson Les Paul (Black) tuned to 1/2 step down Eb Bb Gb Db Ab Eb
- Gibson Flying V (White) tuned to standard EBGDAE
- Gibson Explorer (Ebony) tuned to drop D EBGDAD
- Gibson Flying V (Black) tuned to standard EBGDAE
- Gibson Flying V (Black) tuned to drop D EBGDAD
- BC Rich Bich Guitar used in the video for No Reflection
 A Perfect Circle
- Fender Precision Deluxe Bass (live, on tour with A Perfect Circle 2003-2004)
- Spector NS-2 Bass (live, on tour with A Perfect Circle 2003-2004)
- Steinberger Spirit Bass (live, on tour with A Perfect Circle 2003-2004)
 Nine Inch Nails
- Fender Precision Bass
- Music Man Sting Ray 4 Bass In addition to the aforementioned bass guitars, Jeordie has used numerous other brands and models of electric and acoustic guitar in writing and recording for each band he's been involved with.
- Official Website
- Twiggy Ramirez at The Internet Movie Database
- Official YouTube channel
- Twitter profile
|Members of Marilyn Manson|
|Current members||Marilyn Manson • Twiggy • Fred Sablan • Jason Sutter|
|Former members||Olivia Newton Bundy • Zsa Zsa Speck • Gidget Gein • Sara Lee Lucas • Daisy Berkowitz • Zim Zum • John 5 • Mark Chaussee • Tim Skold • Madonna Wayne Gacy • Rob Holliday • Wes Borland • Andy Gerold • Ginger Fish • Chris Vrenna|