- This article is about the song
- For the single see Tourniquet (single)
|Song by Marilyn Manson|
|Released||October 8, 1996|
|Recorded||1996 at Nothing Studios in New Orleans, Louisiana|
|Composer||Twiggy Ramirez, Daisy Berkowitz|
|Producer||Trent Reznor, Dave Ogilvie, Marilyn Manson|
"Tourniquet" is the second single and fourth track of the second album Antichrist Superstar. In the first few seconds of the song, backmasked vocals can be heard, which are: "This is my lowest point of vulnerability".
- Tourniquet — Appears on Antichrist Superstar and Lest We Forget – The Best Of.
- The Tourniquet Prosthetic Dance Mix — Appears on the "Tourniquet" single and The Nobodies: 2005 Against All Gods Mix.
- The Tourniquet Prosthetic Dance Mix (Edit) — Appears on the "Tourniquet" Pt. 1 single, Remix & Repent, and the Deluxe Edition of Lest We Forget – The Best Of.
- Tourniquet (Edit)— Appears on Lest We Forget – The Best Of.
- Tourniquet (Demo)— Released by Scott Putesky through his Soundcloud page in 2011 and appears on Antichrist Final Songs.
The video for "Tourniquet" features an array of grotesque imagery within a dark and surreal environment. It is mostly concentrated around an odd humanoid, suggested by the lyrics to be a creation of Manson's, propped up on wheels to move. He tends to his creation with the assistance of another child-like creature throughout the video.
Behind the scenes
she's made of hair and bone and little teeth and things I cannot speak she comes on like a crippled plaything spine is just a string I wrapped our love in all this foil silver-tight like spider legs I never wanted it to ever spoil but flies will always lay their eggs Take your hatred out on me make your victim my head you never ever believed in me I am your tourniquet prosthetic synthesis with butterfly sealed up with virgin stitch if it hurts just tell me preserve the innocence I never wanted it to end like this, but flies will lay their eggs
- Like many Marilyn Manson songs from the first three albums, the lyrics to this song were previously a poem Manson had written prior to the formation of the band.
- "Tourniquet", along with "Coma White" and "Get Your Gunn", was made available to download as a playable track on Guitar Hero: Warriors of Rock on February 8, 2011 as part of the February Megapack.