- This article is about the song
- For the unreleased demo album see Thrift (cassette)
- For the single see Thrift (single)
|Song by Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids|
|Album||Live as Hell|
|Composer||Daisy Berkowitz, Gidget Gein, Madonna Wayne Gacy|
"Thrift" is the seventh and final track on the 1992 release Live as Hell. It was initially planned to be officially released in 1991 on the band's then-seventh cassette, Thrift, but this demo was shelved for reasons unknown. Curiously, while Madonna Wayne Gacy did not receive a music credit for the song on Live as Hell or Refrigerator, his name is credited in the liner notes of Lunch Boxes & Choklit Cows.
Refrigerator and Live as Hell version
- "Thrift" — Appears on Thrift.
- "Thrift" — Live As Hell and Refrigerator versions are identical.
- "Thrift" (Remastered mix from Refrigerator) — Appears on Lunch Boxes & Choklit Cows and Thrift single.
- "Victim" — Appears on Mr Conrad Samsung - Ep by The Daisy Kids released on September 19, 2015 (altered lyrics, borrowing the riff from the original version)
The music video for "Thrift" was directed by the Liquordale Bandits, and features the band performing the song live, while animated caricatures of the Spooky Kids perform in the foreground.
- Contrary to popular belief. The Version of Thrift Found on Refrigerator and Live as Hell is not the same version from the unreleased Thrift (cassette) Demo
I sit here all knowing, Knowing nothing here at all My cuts spread slower, Pig hands reach into my sides I hate this life you give me, I give you hate you live for me, yeah I love the pain you give me, This hurting feels like love to me, yeah They go down town, down town They go down inside Down inside Down inside They go down town Down town They go down town to sell My body hangs on hooks, A cloth to society, Your dolars wet my skin, Makes me papier mache thrift, yeah I hate this life you give me, I give you hate you live for me, yeah I love the pain you give me, This hurting feels like love to me, yeah They go down town, down town They go down inside Down inside Down inside They go down town Down town They go down town to sell