The Word According to Manson
|The Word According to Manson|
|Bootleg by Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids|
|Recorded||1993–1998 in various locations|
|Genre||Alternative metal, heavy metal|
|Format||Compact disc and bonus CD Rom|
|Discogs||View at Discogs|
|Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids chronology|
The Word According to Manson is a 2-disc compilation bootleg of mainly Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids photos, interviews, audio and video footage and articles. Some of the articles on the second disc are actually about Marilyn Manson from after 1993, when the 'Spooky Kids' part of the name was dropped.
The first disc contains a 35 minutes video of one of the band's first live shows. The following songs are played:
- "Luci in the Sky with Demons" - 5:05
- "Cake and Sodomy" - 4:12
- "Dope Hat" - 4:19
- "Lunchbox" - 5:58
- "Misery Machine - 5:04
- "Thrift" - 6:30
- "My Monkey" - 4:11
Also, this disc contains 2 interviews with Marilyn Manson:
- "MTV "Man5on TV" Mechanical Animals Premier Interview with Carson Daly "
- "ACS Rockline Interview - 20 Questions Radio Interview"
The second disc opens a Flash application containing the following:
- 30 photos of the band, ranging from their first years to the Antichrist Superstar era.
- "Missie interview-1" — a part of an interview with Melissa Romero, taken from the Demystifying the Devil video.
- "Missie interview-2" — a part of an interview with Missi Romero, taken from the Demystifying the Devil video.
- "Mrs. Scabtree concert" — a part of the rehearsal of "Herpes" by Mrs. Scabtree (with Marilyn Manson on drums)
- "Mrs. Scabtree backstage" — a video clip of members of Mrs. Scabtree in between rehearsals.
- "Early Concert-1" — a recording of "Misery Machine" played live during an early Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids show
- "Early Concert-2" — a recording of "My Monkey" played live during an early Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids show
- A 13 minute interview track in which several people from an audience ask Marilyn Manson questions.
- A large piece of text which consists of an 1998 interview with Manson by Liisa Ladouceur of Chart Attack, an 1999 interview by Essi Berelian & Craig Joyce of 'The Rough Guides', and a biographical text called "Recipe for a Marilyn Manson" by an unknown author.
- Albums — a list of albums and singles by Marilyn Manson, and soundtracks that feature the band's tracks, up to Mechanical Animals but not including the album's first single "The Dope Show".
- New Album Debut — an article about the then upcoming album Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death) written in 1999 by John Sakamato of JAM! Showbiz.
- A-Z of Songs — an alphabetical list of all songs by Marilyn Manson including those by Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids , remixes and "unreleased demo's". Some fake tracks like "Blender" and "Kill House" are also included.
- An interview
- An essay
- A mother who likes Manson
- A mayor who hates Manson
- MM about CL
- Marilyn Book
- Marilyn Fans
The Word According To Manson features interviews and video enhanced material never before seen on Marilyn Manson and the Spooky Kids. Manson talks for the first time about subjects that are essential to him. His music, religion, women, and money. Assembled from material supplied by Missie Romero, Rat Bastard Falestra, Chris Nicols and Will Raee. This piece of history will enthrall you and entertain you the more you watch and hear The Word According To Manson.
Part of the "Demystifying The Devil" series. Includes material from "Demystifying The Devil".
- The version of the Quicktime installer that comes with the second disc is infected with the "W95.CIH virus".