The Unruly Demos
|The Unruly Demos|
|Bootleg by Marilyn Manson|
|Recorded||March 2008–January 2009 in Los Angeles and Hollywood, California|
|Producer||Marilyn Manson, Chris Vrenna, Twiggy Ramirez, Sean Beavan|
|Marilyn Manson chronology|
The Unruly Demos is a demos bootleg by Marilyn Manson, released in summer 2009. Among the tracks on the disc are five rough mixes of songs recorded during the sessions for Marilyn Manson's seventh studio album, The High End of Low. The bootleg is a replication of songs from Unruly Demos, an alleged sampler of works-in-progress which was passed between people close to the band. This sampler was first mentioned by a user on Forums in February 2009, at a time when most of the track listing for The High End of Low was unverifiable.
Producer Sean Beavan explained on MySpace that Marilyn Manson and Twiggy, along with Chris Vrenna, were booked into his studios as the "Unruly Alliance." It is common for mainstream and major label acts to book into studios under pseudonyms to reduce the risk of internal leaks.
- "Armagoddamotherfuckingeddon" – 3:42
- "The WOW" – 4:45
- "Four Rusted Horses" – 5:00
- "Into the Fire" – 5:07
- "maybeharmfulifswallowed" – 3:57
- Marilyn Manson – vocals, percussion, guitars, production
- Twiggy Ramirez – guitars, bass, keyboards
- Chris Vrenna – keyboards, programming
- Sean Beavan – production
- The first tracks to leak were "Armagoddamotherfuckingeddon" and "The WOW", which was on March 24th, 2009. "Four Rusted Horses" was leaked thereafter on the following Tuesday. "Into the Fire" and "maybeharmfulifswallowed" were leaked weeks later.
- A version of Devour leaked on April 15th, 2009 which was speculated to have come from the same CD. The track was edited by the source of the leak to feature comical Arnold Schwarzenegger quotes upon the song. Many believe Twiggy or the band was responsible for it.
- maybeharmfulifswallowed was later released on The High End of Low as Leave a Scar.