The Marilyn Manson Wiki:News Archive/2009
- On December 30, 2009, it was confirmed that former Marilyn Manson keyboardist Stephen Bier, better known as Madonna Wayne Gacy, received a settlement of $380,000 from his two-year lawsuit against Marilyn Manson, paid to him though through Manson's insurance agency as well as Bier's previous business managers.
- On December 29, 2009, the trailer for the upcoming film Season of the Witch premiered, featuring Marilyn Manson's 1998 single "Long Hard Road Out of Hell".
- On Dec 21st Manson posted a blog on Myspace titled "thieves,rapists, and traitors"
I want to make clear that, aside from the wasted legal fees, in no way did I pay off the person that stood behind a keyboard--pretending to play music other artists in this band wrote. And I would not piss on Pogo if he was on fire. Thee end. Or is it? Let's wait until all the really bad things I covered up for him are suddenly uncovered. I got a far more severe type of karma for traitors and people that owe me, legally alot more than what I wasted tolerating your rape of a band you never deserved to be in. M
- Manson was listed in Spin's biggest concerts of 2009 for his performance @ Mayhem Festival in Sacramento, California, on July 10th.
- On December 15th, 2009 Marilyn Manson's photo was listed in 50 most beautiful NME photos of the decade.
- On December 14th, 2009 former live guitarist Rob Holliday joined the band onstage for the performance of Little Horn in Manchester, England.
- ContactMusic.com confirmed that Manson and former keyboardist Bier had reportedly settled out of court on December 11, 2009, prompting Manson to release two statements on the band's MySpace profile that month.
- On December 5th, 2009 Marilyn Manson addresses his fans and the general public via MySpace Bulletin, 12/5/09
Interscope/nothing to offer- records did not drop Marilyn Manson. When the "do I have to suck your mentally retarded dick for money?" clause ran out. And I was able to choose to be with whatever company, if any, had the brain big enough to understand what I do... I said that I would prefer to not be ass-raped by idiots from this time forward. So anyone who wants to revise history or suck intercope/nothing good records can find the shotguns in the sporting goods section at walmart. Insert barrel. Etc. MM out.
- On December 4, 2009, Marilyn Manson announced, in an
- On December 3, 2009, it was revealed in an
- On November 4, 2009, the video for "Running to the Edge of the World" was uploaded to MarilynManson.com.
- On November 11, 2009, Marilyn Manson started the [[The High End of Low Tour: European Leg|final leg]] of The High End of Low Tour in Helsinki.
- On November 17, 2009, Marilyn Manson re-released the Guns, God and Government World Tour DVD on Blu-ray disc. Instead of being a montage of performances done throughout the eponymous tour, it is one single concert. It takes place in Los Angeles, CA back in 2001.
- On November 24, 2009, director Joseph Cultice uploaded the previously unreleased music video for "Apple of Sodom" to
- On September 10, 2009, 11 promotional photos from upcoming video "Running to the Edge of the World" were uploaded to Marilyn Manson's Myspace profile. "Pretty as a Swastika" and "I Want to Kill You Like They Do in the Movies" videos have been filmed but stay unreleased yet.
- On September 21, 2009, Marilyn Manson announced he had been diagnosed with swine flu via Facebook and Myspace. The singer has since recovered.
- On June 11, 2009, a remix of the Lady Gaga single "LoveGame" by Chew Fu was on Perez Hilton's blog. The remix features guest vocals by Marilyn Manson, although it is uncertain if this is the Lady Gaga song Rolling Stone previously purported was remixed by Manson.
- On June 5, 2009, it was confirmed that Marilyn Manson is now dating pornographic actress and model Stoya.
- On June 3, 2009, Billboard.com declared that Marilyn Manson's latest studio album, The High End of Low, (pictured) on the Billboard 200, with 49,000 copies sold. On this date, Marilyn Manson also embarked on their latest tour, and it was at this first performance that Andy Gerold was revealed to be the identity of the band's latest live bassist.
- On June 1, 2009, original Marilyn Manson guitarist Scott Putesky, better known by the pseudonym Daisy Berkowitz, reported that to record a studio album featuring Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids' signature songs, before embarking on a tour. The forthcoming record will be distributed by Alien Music and Radiculture Records and will be dedicated to the memory of Gidget Gein.
- In the June 2009 issue of Rolling Stone, it was revealed that Manson has recently remixed pop musician Lady Gaga's latest single, "Paparazzi", while in turn Gaga has remixed Marilyn Manson's forthcoming single, which has yet to be revealed.
- On May 30, the unedited version of "Blank and White" from The High End of Low was made available for streaming on Marilyn Manson's MySpace profile, confirming rumors that the censored lyric in the song is "or the President of whatever."
- On May 23, 2009, The Nachtkabarett's forums, , were revised as the official Marilyn Manson message board.
- On May 20, 2009, Marilyn Manson's seventh studio album, The High End of Low, (pictured) was officially released, when it began to stock in Japan. The album surfaced in several countries the following week, before culminating with a worldwide release date of May 26, 2009.
- On May 19, 2009, The High End of Low was leaked to the Internet, only hours short of its Japanese release.
- On May 14, 2009, the music video for the single "Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon" debuted on NME.com.
- On May 13, 2009, the song "Pretty as a Swastika" was leaked to the Internet.
- On May 7, 2009, Devour" and "We're from America". On this date, another High End of Low bonus track was revealed: an alternate version of "Pretty as a Swastika", which will feature on album pressings shipped to independent record stores. for The High End of Low went online. Along with a new promotional photo, the site provides partial lyrics to "Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon", links to pre-order both the album and the "Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon" CD single, a mailing list and a Facebook application that features partial lyrics and samples of the former, as well as "
- On May 5, 2009, both the standard and deluxe digital versions of The High End of Low were made available for pre-order on the iTunes Store, both of which also contain "Fifteen", an exclusive alternate version of "15".
- On April 27, 2009, the track listing for the deluxe edition of The High End of Low's bonus disc surfaced on HMV's website, revealing that the disc will contain seven remixes. These will be remixes of "Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon", "Leave a Scar", "Running to the Edge of the World", "Wight Spider", "Four Rusted Horses", "I Have to Look Up Just to See Hell" and "Into the Fire".
- On April 20, 2009, promotional copies of the "Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon" single were released.
- On April 19, 2009, Marilyn Manson made a guest appearance on the pilot episode for Swedish talkshow Söndagsparty med Filip & Fredrik.
- On April 16, 2009, MarilynManson.com was updated to include the track listing for Marilyn Manson's upcoming effort, The High End of Low, thus revealing three previously unreleased song titles: "Pretty as a Swastika", "Unkillable Monster" and "I Have to Look Up Just to See Hell". The official cover art for the record was also revealed on the band's MySpace profile (pictured) and a new splash page added to the website, depicting Manson holding a bundle of fluorescent lights against his head.
- On April 15, 2009, the song "Devour" was leaked to the Internet, albeit with voice clips of Arnold Schwarzenegger inserted into the track.
- On April 14, 2009, the song "We're from America" from The High End of Low, was released as a physical through Hot Topic. The single contains a remix of "Four Rusted Horses" as its b-side.
- On April 7, 2009, "We're from America" was reissued as a digital single (pictured) on the iTunes Store and Blank and White", "Running to the Edge of the World" and "White Spider" (actually titled "Wight Spider"). In addition, the report confirmed the leaked song "maybeharmfulifswallowed" has since been retitled "Leave a Scar". . On this date, Metal Hammer also , "
- On April 6, 2009, behind-the-scenes video clips of the music video for "Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon" surfaced, which show that it will somewhat parody the visual themes of Antichrist Superstar.
- On March 31, 2009, early mixes of "Leave a Scar" (then titled "maybeharmfulifswallowed") and "Into the Fire" from The High End of Low were leaked to the Internet.
- On March 28, 2009, an early mix of "Four Rusted Horses" from The High End of Low was leaked to the Internet.
- On March 27, 2009, "We're from America" was made available for free download on MarilynManson.com, which was also revised. On this date, Metal Hammer also released describing two songs from The High End of Low, "Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon" and the previously unverified track "The Wow" (actually titled "WOW").
- On March 25, 2009, early mixes of "Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon" and "WOW" (then titled "Armagoddamnmotherfuckingeddon" and "The WOW", respectively) from The High End of Low were leaked to the Internet.
- On March 23, 2009, a press release by Interscope Records confirmed that "We're from America" would be released for download on the band's website, before being reissued as a digital single on April 7. The report also stated that the first physical single from the album will be "Armageddon", which will enter airplay rotation on April 13.
- On March 18, 2009, Kerrang! reported that The High End of Low will contain a total of 15 songs. The inclusion of "We're from America" on The High End of Low was also confirmed on this date.
- On March 10, 2009, Metal Hammer Sean Beavan also confirmed two new tracks from the album, "15" and "Four Rusted Horses". that The High End of Low will be released in the United Kingdom on May 18, 2009. The article also states that a single from the album, "Armageddon", will be released on May 11. On this date, producer
- On March 5, 2009, it was confirmed that Marilyn Manson will be performing for HELLFEST in France.
- On February 25, 2009, it was confirmed that Marilyn Manson and Evan Rachel Wood had resumed their relationship, after their November breakup.
- On February 2, 2009, it was I Want to Kill You Like They Do in the Movies". that Marilyn Manson's seventh studio album would be entitled The High End of Low, and that a music video would be produced for the track "
- On January 31, 2009, it was confirmed that Marilyn Manson's upcoming album is scheduled for release in May 2009 through Interscope Records.
- On January 30, 2009, it was confirmed that Marilyn Manson will be performing at Rock Am Ring and Rock Im Park in Germany.
- On January 29, 2009, it was confirmed that Marilyn Manson will be performing at the Metaltown Festival in Sweden.
- On January 13, 2009, the title of the first track off of Marilyn Manson's upcoming album, entitled "Devour", was revealed by a friend of Manson's on his