The Marilyn Manson Wiki:News Archive/2008
From MansonWiki, the Marilyn Manson encyclopedia
- On December 4, 2008, Marilyn Manson
- On November 7, 2008, Evan Rachel Wood made to People clarifying false reports regarding the breakup of Marilyn Manson and herself.
- On October 24, 2008, a trailer released for the upcoming film Underworld: Rise of the Lycans featured "If I Was Your Vampire".
- On October 23, 2008, Marilyn Manson and Evan Rachel Wood ended their nearly two-year relationship.
- On October 19, 2008, Marilyn Manson and Twiggy Ramirez announced at the 2008 Scream Awards' after party that the band's upcoming album will "sound much like Antichrist Superstar" and that the recording sessions are "pretty much done".
- On October 9, 2008, former Marilyn Manson bassist Bradley Stewart, better known as Gidget Gein, was found dead from a drug overdose in his Burbank home, at the age of 39.
- On October 3, 2008, The Hierophant reported that Marilyn Manson will be hosting a Halloween party at the Roosevelt Hotel in Hollywood, California on October 31, 2008.
- On September 23, 2008, Wes Borland announced in that Marilyn Manson will be making a performance on October 5, 2008. In a later comment of the same page blog, Borland himself confirmed the band is currently interested in performing only one-off shows, and that he will be the band's live guitarist during these one-offs.
- On September 3, 2008, Chris Vrenna was posted on maniaTV, in which Vrenna speaks briefly of the band's upcoming seventh studio album. of Marilyn Manson keyboardist
- On September 3, 2008, Sean Beavan, best known for his production work on Marilyn Manson's Antichrist Superstar, Mechanical Animals and Eat Me, Drink Me studio albums. posted an exclusive interview conducted with
- On August 25, 2008, live guitarist Wes Borland was featured in an interview with Headbanger's Blog, discussing his new collaboration with Marilyn Manson.
- On August 14, 2008, Marilyn Manson at the ETP festival in Korea, that Wes Borland, perhaps best known as the former guitarist of Limp Bizkit, had joined Marilyn Manson as the band's live guitarist.
- On July 24, 2008, Marilyn Manson's official website announced Manson's new online art store, , where authentic paintings can be purchased as well as lithographs, limited edition prints and, in the future, drawings and posters.
- On July 12, 2008, a trailer released for the upcoming film Max Payne featured "If I Was Your Vampire".
- On July 10, 2008, Marilyn Manson confirmed through the band's official website their performance at the ETP festival in Seoul, Korea.
- On June 7, 2008, it was announced that Marilyn Manson would feature in the "Finger in Fame" exhibition by Korn, System of a Down and the Misfits. , showcasing the fine art music photography of Travis Shinn. Other artists featured among the exhibition include Ozzy Osbourne,
- On May 23, 2008, an interview with Manson conducted by Kerrang! revealed that the band's upcoming album is planned for a release during winter 2008.
- On March 23, 2008, a new banner was uploaded to the band's official MySpace profile. The banner shows a spectral analysis of an audio track, possibly on a computer screen, implying the band is indeed in the studio recording their upcoming album. In addition to this, the track "The Fall of Adam" was added to the site's music player, possibly implying that the Celebritarian theme might play a role in the new album.
- On March 16, 2008, a fan started a petition to release Dead to the World, currently only available in VHS format, on DVD. When enough signatures are collected the petition will be sent to Interscope Records. The petition can be signed .
- On March 15, 2008, Goon Moon's official MySpace profile stated in a news blog that "Jeordie is working on a new Marilyn Manson album."
- On January 15, 2008, an interview with Marilyn Manson was posted on , in which Manson speaks again about his departure with Tim Skold and the return of bassist Twiggy Ramirez. In the article it is mentioned that Manson and his girlfriend Evan Rachel Wood got married, but it is assumed by many this is just a mistake by the interviewer.
- On January 14, 2008, Marilyn Manson and Twiggy Ramirez were interviewed by an American radio show Loveline. The interview can be found .
- On January 11, 2008, a new interview with Marilyn Manson entitled "the Heirophant. The 11-page interview (with a second part to follow) reveals details about the reunion with Twiggy Ramirez, the incorporation of old songs such as "Little Horn" and "Apple of Sodom" into the setlist and the creation of a new album. " was conducted by
- On January 9, 2008, it was announced that former bassist Twiggy Ramirez has returned (picture at right) to play onstage with Marilyn Manson, replacing Tim Skold in the line-up for the Winter North American leg of the Rape of the World tour. Ramirez will be playing bass guitar, while current bass player Rob Holliday will take over the guitar from Skold. Allegedly Skold and Manson have split up as friends, but are not ruling out any future collaborations.
- On January 5, 2008, Marilyn Manson turned 39 years old.