The High End of Low (tour)
- This article is about the tour
- For the album see The High End of Low (album)
|The High End of Low Tour|
|World tour by Marilyn Manson|
|Supporting album||The High End of Low|
|Start date||June 3, 2009|
|End date||December 21, 2009|
|Legs|| 7 |
(6 completed, 1 cancelled)
|Shows|| 112 |
(106 completed, 6 cancelled)
|Marilyn Manson tour chronology|
| Rape of the World
| The High End of Low Tour
| Hey, Cruel World... Tour|
The High End of Low Tour was Marilyn Manson's twelfth tour. It was also the band's eighth tour to span over multiple legs. The tour spanned from June 3, 2009 until December 21, 2009. The only known tour date of the tour's seventh leg in 2010 has been cancelled, and during the last show in France Manson announced that there would be no further tour dates in 2010.
- Marilyn Manson – vocals, guitar, additional guitar
- Twiggy – guitar, bass, vocals, backing vocals
- Andy Gerold – bass, guitar
- Chris Vrenna – keyboards, percussions, programming
- Ginger Fish – drums
The following list contains the most commonly played songs in the order they were most generally performed:
- "The High End of Low"
- "Cruci-Fiction in Space"
- "Disposable Teens"
- "Pretty as a Swastika"
- "Little Horn"
- "The Love Song"
- "Irresponsible Hate Anthem"
- "Four Rusted Horses (Opening Titles Version)"
- "Dried Up, Tied and Dead to the World" (with "Track 99" intro)
- "Blank and White"
- "Coma White" (with "Coma Black (a) Eden Eye" outro)
- "Running to the Edge of the World"
- "I Want to Kill You Like They Do in the Movies"
- "We're from America"
- "Leave a Scar" (with "Abuse, Part 1 (There Is Pain Involved)" intro)
- "The Dope Show" (with "Dewey Cox: Cocaine" Sample intro)
- "Wight Spider"
- "Rock Is Dead" (with "Dancing with the One-Legged..." intro)
- "Great Big White World" (with "Fuck Frankie" intro)
- "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)"
- "Rock 'n' Roll Nigger" (with "Whole Wide World" intro)
- "If I Was Your Vampire"
- "The Beautiful People" (with "Baby You're a Rich Man" intro)
- "Four Rusted Horses" (The High End of Low Tour: European Festival Leg)
- "We're from America" (The High End of Low Tour: Rockstar Mayhem Fest Leg - The High End of Low Tour: Asian Leg)
- "Cruci-Fiction in Space" (The High End of Low Tour: European Leg)
Stage persona, attitude, and attire
- For most of the tour, Manson was seen wearing the same sleeveless black shirt with a razor blade image on the front, as well as his signature black skin tight leather trousers.
- For most performances of "Devour" or "Great Big White World", Manson wore a white coat.
- For some performances of "Great Big White World", Manson would rip his way out of a box sealed in a plastic wrap.
- For performances of "Dried Up, Tied and Dead to the World", Manson would play guitar.
- For performances of "If I Was Your Vampire" , "Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon" " Running to the Edge of the World" "Leave a Scar", Manson used a microphone in the shape of a knife, as he previously used during the Rape of the World tour.
- For performances of "Four Rusted Horses (Opening Titles Version)", Manson would burn a Bible, as he has notably done during past performances of "Antichrist Superstar".
- For most performances of "Pretty as a Swastika" and "Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon", banners baring the dollar sign logo were on stage.
- During performances of "Coma White"/"Coma Black a) Eden Eye", Manson used black balloons tied.
- For performances of "Irresponsible Hate Anthem", Manson wore a Nazi helmet and held the flag of whichever country he was performing in.
- Also for performances of "Pretty as a Swastika", Manson wore the hat of a Nazi officer.
- During European leg, for performances of "Devour" and "Coma White"/"Coma Black", a large promotional photo of his room was used as a backdrop.
- During European leg, for performances of "Cruci-Fiction in Space", Manson wore gloves with lasers attached to the fingers.
- For performances of "The Dope Show", Manson wore a top hat.
- For performances of "The Dope Show", dialogue from the film, Walk Hard: The Dewey Cox Story, would play before the song was performed. The dialogue features talk and usage of cocaine.
- Also for performances of "The Dope Show" and "Leave a Scar", Manson made use of film projectors.
- During the performance of "Running to the Edge of the World" on Barcelona, Spain, Manson sang to Evan Rachel Wood, with the knife microphone, as she pretended to bleed to death, lying on a bed that had been set up center stage.
- During the show in Manchester, England, former Marilyn Manson live bassist Rob Holliday joined the band to play "Little Horn".
- During the show in Pomona, California, Kerry King of the band Slayer joined Manson to play "Little Horn" and "Irresponsible Hate Anthem".
- It is speculated that the title of this tour was Et Cetera Tour. Though this was never officially confirmed.
- It is on this tour which Manson started to write lyrics for his upcoming album, Born Villain.
- In this tour, no tracks from Portrait of an American Family or from the Spooky Kids Era were played, with exception of the occasional lines from "My Monkey" or "Thrift" by Twiggy.
- In this tour, no track from The Golden Age of Grotesque was played, although "mOBSCENE" was used on sound checks.
- Main article: 2009-2010 The High End of Low imagery#Live
- 2010 tour dates? Babalon