From MansonWiki, the Marilyn Manson encyclopedia
- This article is about Marilyn Manson cover
- For the single see The End (single)
- For the Doors song see The End (The Doors song)
|Song by Marilyn Manson|
|Released||November 21, 2019|
|Composer||Robby Krieger, Ray Manzarek, John Densmore|
|Producer||Marilyn Manson, Shooter Jennings|
- "The End" — Appears on The End
Visual by Zev Deans. Original watercolor by Marilyn Manson.
[Intro] This is the end Beautiful friend This is the end My only friend The end [Verse 1] Of our elaborate plans, the end Of everything that stands, the end No safety or surprise, the end I'll never look into your eyes again [Verse 2] Can you picture what will be? So limitless and free Desperately in need Of some stranger's hand In a desperate land [Verse 3] Lost in a Roman wilderness of pain And all the children are insane All the children are insane Waiting for the summer rain [Verse 4] Ride the King's Highway, baby There's danger on the edge of town Ride the King's Highway, baby Ride the highway West, baby Ride the snake, ride the snake To the lake, the ancient lake, baby The snake is long, seven miles Ride the snake He's old and his skin is cold The west is the best The west is the best Get here, we'll do the rest The west is the best The west is the best Get here, and we’ll do the rest The blue bus is calling us The blue bus is calling us Driver, where you taking us? [Verse 5] The killer awoke before dawn He put his boots on He took a face from the ancient gallery And he walked on down the hall He paid a visit to the room where his sister lived and then he He walked on down the hall, Paid a visit to the room where his brother lived and then he walked on down the hall, And then he came to the door he looked inside "Father?" Father: "Yes, son?" "I want to kill you" Saw his Mother saw his mother saw his mother mother mother mother father father mother fucker mother father motherfucker mother mother mother mother "Mother? I’m going to fuck... Mother? I’m going to fuck you. Fuck you" [Verse 6] Ya see this gun son? I got it loaded with dumdums and if I shoot you it will open you right the fuck up Ya see this gun son? I got it loaded with dumdums and if I shoot you it will open you right the fuck up. This is the end.
- The last verse appears to be original lyrics added by Manson as they are not present in the original song.
- Various lines are omitted or slightly changed from the original studio release by The Doors.
- "Dumdum," as well as being a popular lollipop brand, is a colloquial term for Expanding Bullets, which are bullets that expand upon impact, causing further damage to their intended target.
- An early bootleg recording of the song was uploaded on Jul 31, 2019 (~4 months before official release) by the YouTube channel Marilyn Manson World. It was presumably recorded during a live show where the song was played on the PA.