Talk:Antichrist Superstar (album)
Hey!! Look what I found!!! =O
" Disney was in a joint venture under an umbrella corpration called "Mammoth" To co-produce "Antichrist Superstar" By Marilyn Manson. "
I'd like to know if this is true or not. O_O --Raven was here-- 23:23, 10 May 2010 (UTC)
It says that Trent Reznor lost all the masters of Manson songs released on Nothing, but The Dope Show and The Nobodies have been released on Rock Band as downloadable songs, and The Beautiful People is stated as a song for Rock Band 3. Rock Band requires the master tracks, so if the original masters were lost they must have been found at some point. 184.108.40.206 19:44, 1 August 2010 (UTC)
- nah, he just lost the ACSS masters. "The Dope Show" and "The Nobodies" are obviously from other records, so access was fine there, but any ACSS songs released for games have been live versions. - Seasonsinthesky 19:05, 7 August 2010 (UTC)
- That was a real dick move from Trent. -Red marquis 02:46, 11 June 2011 (CDT)
For Red marquis
Just finally getting a chance to read your edits here. "The three part storyline, nevertheless, begins with the Nietzschean statement "When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you"??? Do you have a reference for this?
 Liber AL vel Legis Point 56 "56. Begone! ye mockers; even though ye laugh in my honour ye shall laugh not long: then when ye are sad know that I have forsaken you." Harlequin 00:41, 11 June 2011 (CDT)
- Baby You're a Rich Man - Beatles "How does it feel to be one of the beautiful people." which heavily influenced Charles Manson who also used the phrase. "The Beautiful People" was also coined by Vogue Magazine to refer to the "Jet Set" that surrounded Kennedy which was later alluded to within the lyrics of President Dead - " incubated and jet set the bitter thinkers buy their tickets to go find god like a piggy in a fair." Harlequin 00:56, 11 June 2011 (CDT)
- Have finished reading the concept and think it is going to need a major rewrite, When you are suffering, know that "I" have betrayed "you." Is the Anti-christ speaking to himself. He became what he hated in order to destroy what he hated being. Disintegrator - Kinderfeld...THEN I got my wings, disintergrator is the catalyst for transformation, not the Anti-christ.Harlequin 02:36, 11 June 2011 (CDT)
- You're right. It needs a major rewrite. I wrote this months ago and, admittedly, it's my interpretation. The rewrite I have planned will completely throw away personal interpretations in the garbage bin. However, at the moment, I am busy with Mechanical Animals which will take a few months to get to Holy Wood quality. In the meantime, make whatever changes to ACSS as you see fit. -Red marquis 02:43, 11 June 2011 (CDT)
- Regarding this statement in the article:
"having finally concluded that what the people truly want is what he sought to dispose of. They no longer deserve salvation.
In this manner he adopts as his personal insignia the epithet "When you are suffering, know that I have betrayed you"
as he lets his scathing vitriol spiral into nihilism and misanthropy, ranting against everything."
Just wanted to add, that this isn't necessarily that the Antichrist Superstar turns against a group of people and deems that they are no longer deserving of salvation, as written in the article. It's more that he is talking to his former incarnation, in a second person perspective. As the worm (or Adam) he aspired to change everyone's world. The bitterness towards the end of Antichrist Superstar is him not necessarily against a group of people, but against the notion that he can change anything other than himself. So he isn't saying that "the people no longer deserve salvation" but more less realizing that he is incapable of changing the world. Osiris 02:47, 11 June 2011 (CDT)
- As you can see, interpretation of the triptych albums will always meet with differing opinion, which is why we prefer to have references to Manson's own commentary rather than personal analysis. ;) Harlequin 02:52, 11 June 2011 (CDT)
- Once I start working on ACSS I will delete it. I promise. In the meantime, if you are interested in sprucing up this article here are some highly reliable sources that you can use:
- A Bogey Band to Scare Parents With
- Texas Mulls Feasibility Of Ban On Music Investments
- Marilyn Manson Endorses Net Censorship
- Senate To Investigate Lyrics And Warning Stickers
- ACSS Interview Archive from Provider Module
- Marilyn Manson's New LP Banned By Major Chain Stores Kmart refusal to stock ACSS
-Red marquis 03:39, 11 June 2011 (CDT)