Talk:1997/08/22 Hasselt, Belgium
This is the talk page for discussing improvements to the 1997/08/22 Hasselt, Belgium article.
While looking for references for this performance I found many conflicting listings for performance dates between this one and the date of August 23rd, Stuttgart, Germany.
- Spookhouse.net and Manson Wiki had it as '08/22/97 Stuttgart, Germany; Metallica headlining, MM as special guests.
- 08/23/97 Hasselt, Belgium, Pukkelpop Festival"
- When you click on Seven's list to open the RAR file, however, it's dated as 1997-08-22.
- On mansonlive.com bootleg file they have the Hasselt performance as the 22nd with a special note: 'This show is listed as Aug. 23 on various trading lists although MM played the Pukkelpop Festival on Aug. 22. On Aug. 23 they played in Stuttgart, GER supporting Metallica.'
- marilynmansonbootlegs.m.webs has it as the 22nd.
- As in the reference on the tour date's page, I have a reference from a blog dated for the 22nd that talks about how he went to see Metallica at the Pokkelpop Festival on the 22nd and said that Manson was on one of the stages there.
- If you look at the poster for this festival, which is the only image I could find of it, if you look at the top left corner it says August 22nd and it gives Metallica and Marilyn Manson as performing. Part of the reason this is confusing is because both the Pokkelpop festival and the following date, the 23rd which was the Blindman's Ball Festival both occurred over a two-day period.
- The poster for the following day's performance in Stuttgart, shows Metallica and Marilyn Manson slated to perform that show on the 23rd.
I have moved these two pages around for these reasons and will speak with the owner of seven1963.org and mail spookhouse.net about their dating this performance as the 23rd. Sumer (talk) 09:39, 26 September 2014 (CEST)