Smells Like Children (tour)
From MansonWiki, the Marilyn Manson encyclopedia
|Smells Like Children Tour|
|Tour by Marilyn Manson|
|Supporting album||Smells Like Children|
|Start date||June 1, 1995|
|End date||February 4, 1996|
|Shows|| 105 (planned)|
|Marilyn Manson tour chronology|
| Support for Danzig's Danzig 4p Tour
| Smells Like Children
| Dead to the World Tour|
- This article is about the tour. For other uses, see Smells Like Children (album) and Smells Like Children (song).
Smells Like Children was the fourth tour Marilyn Manson embarked on, under management of major record label Interscope Records. The tour was, however, the band's second headlining tour, as the band had prior to this toured with Nine Inch Nails for the Self Destruct Tour, Danzig for the Support for Danzig's Danzig 4p Tour, and headlined their very first tour a year prior. The band was on the tour from June 1, 1995 until February 4, 1996.
- Vocals: Marilyn Manson
- Guitar: Daisy Berkowitz
- Bass: Twiggy Ramirez
- Keyboards: Madonna Wayne Gacy
- Drums: Ginger Fish
The following list contains the most commonly played songs in the order they were most generally performed.
- "Get Your Gunn"
- "Wrapped in Plastic"
- "Organ Grinder"
- "Snake Eyes and Sissies"
- "Cake and Sodomy"
- "Minute of Decay"
- "Down in the Park"
- "Dope Hat"
- "Irresponsible Hate Anthem"
- "My Monkey" (with "Dirt" or "Strawberry Fields Forever" intro)
- "Smells Like Children"
- "Rock and Roll Nigger"
- "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)"
- "Misery Machine"
 Opening Songs
 Stage persona, attitude, and attire
- During "The Smells Like Children (tour)", the background for the shows was a ouija board which read "Marilyn Manson" on the center.
- During performances of "Dope Hat", Manson wore a hat and used a wooden crutch, similar to Willy Wonka.
- For all of the tour, Ginger Fish's drum set had a canopy over it made from white cloth.
- For most performances of "Down In The Park", Manson played guitar during the song's solos.
- For most performances of "My Monkey", Manson cut himself on stage.
- For most of the tour, early versions of "Minute of Decay", "Tourniquet" and "Irresponsible Hate Anthem" were performed.
- Another feature to the stage was the addition of a giant tree from which ventriloquist dummies hung from the branches.
- The stage was usually set up to accomodate small audiences, as most of the shows took place in clubs, rather than arenas.
- This was the first Tour in which Manson began using stilts. The band also began their signature bizarre looks during this tour as well, by donning makeup and sexually suggestive clothes (with Manson wearing jock straps to pulling his pants down and with Twiggy beginning his traditional "kinder-whore" cross dressing gimmick).
- As in previous tours, Manson was regularly seen cutting himself on stage during this tour. He got his main chest scarring from this tour as he got into a heated argument with a crowd member and he broke a bottle and ran it across his chest.
 Tour Dates
 Orphaned Performances
|1995/06/22 New York City, NY||The Jon Stewart Show|
 Photo Gallery
- Main article: 1989-1995 imagery#Live photographs
- The performance in Memphis, Tennessee on December 10, 1995 was canceled for reasons unknown. They retuned to Memphis January 26, 1996 to make up the canceled show.
- The performance in Syracuse, New York on January 15th caused a riot with several thousands of dollars worth of damage to the venue.
- The performance in Johnson City, Tennessee on January 27, 1996 was canceled due to throat problems of vocalist Marilyn Manson.
- The performance in Knoxville, Tennessee on January 28, 1996 was canceled for reasons unknown.
- But Marilyn's sexuality isn't always so playful. In an especially visceral rendition of “Sweet Tooth” at Detroit's St. Andrew's Hall, he glares into the eyes of a young female fan and screams, “I want you more when you're afraid...”
was reported as happening in the April 1, 1996 Alternative Press article, MARILYN MANSON Family Values by John Pecorelli. Marilyn Manson performed Detroit's St. Andrew's Hall, November 24 and November 25. There is no verification of which show this occured.