|Demo album by Marilyn Manson|
|Released||January 17, 1993|
|Genre||Alternative metal, heavy metal|
|Label||Beat Up Your Mom Music|
|Producer||Charlie Logan, Marilyn Manson|
|Discogs||View at Discogs|
|Marilyn Manson chronology|
Refrigerator is the ninth demo by Marilyn Manson, released on January 17, 1993 at the band's performance at the Fort Lauderdale club Rosebud's; this sale was promoted beforehand on advertisements for the show. It is the last demo the band issued before recording their first major label release, Portrait of an American Family, on Trent Reznor's vanity label, Nothing Records. Of the 100 copies that were pressed, each was hand signed a corresponding number, and each copy contained one original piece of "refrigerator art".
THIS IS CASSETTE #____ OF 100
EACH LINER CONTAINS REFRIGERATOR ART
RENDERED BY MEMBERS OF MARILYN MANSON
extra special thanks go to
EVERYONE, who has helped and
supported Marilyn Manson for the
past 3 years. We love you more
than you know.
printing courtesy of COPYright staff
(Paul Jenkins, Deidre, Ian, Todd),
tape mastering courtesy of T.A.G.R.
and pig studios.
tape duplication by Audiocraft.
band photo by Loree Weirdo.
liner art by M. Manson
cover design: D. Berkowitz
hair by Christopher
tattoos by Donovan
live crew consists of : Kurt Moody,
Anton, Wade (killer), Ed, Fish.
live sound by Jeremy
merchandise courtesy of Satan's
Bakesale (staff: Arleen, Roby, Missy,
Spread me open, stuck to my ribs
are all your infants in abortion
cribs. Disease, disease is draining
me, anymore it's not so "pretty
please." Satan is a glass of milk
and a bedtime story that mommy
and daddy jesus scare babies into
submission with. Fascism spreads its
cancerous tendrils into the soft guts
of bible-belt wearing white trash,
organizing their lives around old
testament cartoon characters. We
fuck each other with hatred and
kill the things we love. We
scapegoat what we don't
understand. 13 year-olds, dirty
and swollen, are sold into a
porno-nation, sedated and
devoured by their fathers. With its
rabbit ears smugly erect, the t.v.
talks in hard-ons and acne
medicine while a boy dreams of
stardom and lives in fear of
failure. Denial leads to addiction
that leads to denial. Sadistic and
constantly inflicting a slow demise.
Who ever said tricks were for kids?
Do you wanna see me pull a
rabbit (monkey) out of my hat
(back)? I have never pretended to
be anything but an asshole. I am
what you make me. I'm
everything you hate and all you
think of being. I am nothing but
your fear. And a fear of
something will only call it near, in
the end only fear is here. Our
children are not the "problem."
They (we) are merely a symptom
of Christian America, the biggest
Satan of all.
Save yourself (me),
all songs copyright Berkowitz/Manson
all lyrics written by M. Manson
music by Berkowitz, except 4 and 5
by Berkowitz and Gein/ 6 and 8 by
Manson and Berkowitz/ 2 by Berkowitz,
Manson and Gein/ 5 by Berkowitz,
Gein and Gacy.
MARILYN MANSON is
gidget gein: bass guitar
daisy berkowitz: guitar, drum programming
sara lee lucas: drums, drum programming
madonna wayne gacy: sampler, keyboard
m. manson: vocals
- The cassette was titled after the incident where following the murders of Leno and Rosemary LaBianca on August 10, 1969, Patricia Krenwinkel, a member of the infamous Manson Family, wrote the phrase "HEALTER SKELTER" (a misspelling of the title of the popular Beatles song) on the LaBianca's refrigerator using a blood-soaked piece of paper.
- The version of "Dope Hat" that appears on Refrigerator is the exact same recording that is featured on The Family Jams Albeit, With a sound byte of Charles Manson as an Intro.
- Tracks 1-4 can also be found on the Live as Hell Cassette.
- In the credits section, the words, "Spread me open, stuck to my ribs, are all your infants in abortion cribs," would later be reworked into the song "Man That You Fear."
- Contrary to popular belief. The Version of Thrift Found on Refrigerator and Live as Hell is not the same version from the unreleased Thrift (cassette) Demo
- Gidget Gein – bass, music
- Daisy Berkowitz – guitars, drum programming, cover design, music
- Sara Lee Lucas – drums, drum programming
- Madonna Wayne Gacy – samples, keyboards, music
- Marilyn Manson – vocals, liner art, lyrics, music
- Charlie Logan - host, producer
- Tom Morris – live mix
- Kurt Moody – live mix
- Paul Jenkins – printing
- Deidre – printing
- Ian – printing
- Todd – printing
- Loree Weirdo – band photo
- Christopher – hair
- Donovan – hair
- Kurt Moody – live crew
- Anton – live crew
- Wade – live crew
- Ed – live crew
- Fish – live crew
- Jeremy – live sound
- Roby – merchandising
- Missi Romero – merchandising
- Jessicka – merchandising