From MansonWiki, the Marilyn Manson encyclopedia
|Song by Marilyn Manson|
|Released||October 8, 1996|
|Recorded||1996 at Nothing Studios in New Orleans, Louisiana|
|Genre||Alternative metal, Heavy metal|
|Producer||Trent Reznor, Dave Ogilvie, Marilyn Manson|
"Mister Superstar" is the ninth track on the 1996 release Antichrist Superstar.
- Mister Superstar — Appears on Antichrist Superstar.
- Mister Superstar (Lounge Version) — A slower piano version played during at least two shows in Dayton, Ohio and Springfield, Massachusetts.
- Mr. Superstar (Demo) — Appears on Antichrist Final Songs.
Hey Mr. Superstar: "I'll do anything for you" "I'm you're number one fan" hey mr. porno star, I, I, I, I want you hey mr. sickly star, I want to get sick from you hey mr. fallen star, don't you know I worship you? hey mr. big rock star, "I wanna grow up just like you" I know that I can turn you on I wish I could just turn you off I never wanted this hey mr. superhate, I just want to love you hey, hey, hey mr. superfuck, I wanna go down on you hey mr. supergod, will you answer my prayers? hey, hey, hey mr. superman, I want to be your little girl I know that I can turn you on I wish I could just turn you off I never wanted this hey mr. superstar, I'll kill myself for you hey mr. superstar, I'll kill you if I can't have you superstar, superfuck baby...
- The song's opening riff is also used in the introduction of "Dried Up, Tied and Dead to the World."
- The lyrics "I wish you'd kill yourself on T.V" could be a reference to the televised suicide of R. Budd Dwyer, Pennsylvania treasurer, in 1987.