List of Marilyn Manson members
From MansonWiki, the Marilyn Manson encyclopedia
The following is a list of all current and former members of Marilyn Manson and its precursor, Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids. The various producers of the band and associates are also listed, as many have had recurring roles in the production of their releases. This article compiles a list of all of the members from current members to former, in chronological order.
- Marilyn Manson – Brian Warner, known professionally as Marilyn Manson, formed Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids with Daisy Berkowitz in 1989. He has been the lead lyricist for every release by the band, and since becoming a professional musician, Manson has become increasingly involved in composing and producing the band's music. Manson's controversial exploits, from self-mutilation, sexual misconduct and an assortment of legal battles, have helped to establish the band as one of the most offensive major label acts today.
- (To find more MansonWiki articles regarding Marilyn Manson please click )
- Twiggy – Bassist Jeordie White, also professionally known as Twiggy Ramirez, was the replacement for Gidget Gein, whose heroin overdose on Christmas Eve 1993 rendered him hospitalized. Ramirez modeled his signature look after both Gein and his girlfriend of the time, Jessica Fodera, known professionally as Jessicka. Ramirez would become one of the lead composers of the band's material, but in 2002 he left Marilyn Manson, also under amicable terms. After his departure, Ramirez auditioned for several bands including Queens of the Stone Age and Metallica, before joining A Perfect Circle, and in 2005, he joined Nine Inch Nails as live bassist. 2005 also saw the debut of a new project, Goon Moon. On January 9, 2008, a press release was posted online announcing that Twiggy Ramirez had rejoined the band as bassist, while guitarist Tim Skold had left Marilyn Manson and was replaced by Rob Holliday. On June 25th, 2014, in the lead up to the band's 2014 summer Tour, Twiggy revealed his move back to bass by posting B A S S over several days via his twitter account.
- (To find more MansonWiki articles regarding Twiggy please click )
- Gil Sharone - On February 8, 2014 drummer Gil Sharone announced that he would be recording with Marilyn Manson on their new album. Sharone is a skilled artist, session player, and drummer clinician. He has previously played or recorded for Fishbone, Dillinger Escape Plan, OTEP, Dave Wakeling, Maynard James Keenan, Chino Moreno, HR of Bad Brains and Eek-A-Mouse to name a few. After doing +44, Sharone’s momentum continued and he was asked to work with Dillinger Escape Plan as well as Maynard James Keenan in Puscifer.
- Paul Wiley - On August 8, 2014 Paul Wiley made his first appearance as the bands second live guitarist.
- Fred Sablan - In July of 2010, Sablan was revealed to be the newest addition to the band lineup, as revealed via Marilyn Manson's Facebook. Sablan is a multi-talented musician, whose most notable contributions to the Manson fanbase was his involvement with Twiggy's side project, Goon Moon. In 2014 it was revealed in the lead up to the 2014 Summer Tour, that Twiggy had moved back to bass for the coming performances.
- Chris Vrenna – Vrenna was chosen to take over the drumming responsibilities for Marilyn Manson after Ginger Fish was injured in 2004. He then moved to live keyboardist for Marilyn Manson, since the departure of Madonna Wayne Gacy. He is a former member of Nine Inch Nails. Vrenna again switched to role of live drummer mid 2010.
- (To find more MansonWiki articles regarding Chris Vrenna please click )
- Ginger Fish – In February of 2011, after touring with Rob Zombie, Kenneth Wilson, professionally known as Ginger Fish, announced that he will be stepping down from Marilyn Manson to pursue other opportunities. Ginger was the live drummer for Marilyn Manson from 1995, when he replaced Sara Lee Lucas. On the Guns, God and Government tour in 2001, Fish broke his hand and collar bone while the band was destroying the stage at the end of a concert. However, he still played with one hand for the rest of the tour. He was later absent during the Against All Gods tour, after a head injury at the Viva Comet Awards left him unable to travel with the band. During this time, he was temporarily replaced by Chris Vrenna.
- (To find more MansonWiki articles regarding Ginger Fish please click )
- Andy Gerold – With no prior announcement, Gerold was revealed to be the identity of Marilyn Manson's latest live bassist at the band's first performance of The High End of Low Tour, on June 3, 2009. Gerold is also the guitarist of American rock band ASHES dIVIDE. As of July, 2010 there has been no official statement regarding Gerold's status in the band, however, it is thought by the majority of the fanbase that Gerold's involvement with Manson was fulfilled with the completion of The High End of Low Tour.
- Wes Borland – Borland was invited to join Marilyn Manson as guitarist in the summer of 2008. He went on to perform two live shows with the band, but felt like he was nothing more than a hired gun due to the band rejecting the material he wrote. In February 2009, Borland departed from Marilyn Manson in order to rejoin Limp Bizkit.
- Rob Holliday – Holliday was chosen by Manson as live bassist for the band's Rape of the World tour, based on his favorite movie (although exactly which film this was has never been clarified). Upon the return of Twiggy Ramirez, Holliday's role shifted to that of guitarist for the remainder of the tour. He has since returned to The Prodigy.
- Tim Skold – Tim Skold, born Tim Sköld, first began working with Marilyn Manson in 2001, when he acted as producer for the "Tainted Love" single. The following year, he would replace Twiggy Ramirez as bassist for the band. Skold continuing playing bass for Marilyn Manson until the conclusion of the Against All Gods tour, after which the band did not tour or release another record for two years. During this time, he and Manson recorded the album Eat Me, Drink Me in Beverly Hills and Hollywood, California, where he performed all stringed instruments for the record. For the ensuing Rape of the World tour, Skold assumed the role of guitarist, while his bass duties were replaced by Rob Holliday. On January 9, 2008, a press release was posted online announcing that Skold had amicably left Marilyn Manson and was replaced on guitar by Holliday, while Twiggy Ramirez had rejoined the band as live bassist. Recently, Skold worked with Sascha Konietzko of KMFDM to produce the album Skold vs. KMFDM.
- (To find more MansonWiki articles regarding Tim Skold please click )
- Madonna Wayne Gacy – As Madonna Wayne Gacy, Stephen Bier, Jr. was the second keyboardist to join Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids. Behind Manson, he has the longest years of activity in the band, at nearly 18 years. Initially, Bier did not play keyboard, but had been invited to join the band by Manson, who fired keyboardist Zsa Zsa Speck after only two live shows. Reportedly, it took Bier less time to master the keyboard than it did for him to save the money to buy one. While Manson had frequently cited Bier as his most personal friend and his closest bandmate, on August 2, 2007, Bier filed a lawsuit against Manson seeking a back pay of $20,000,000 USD, claiming Manson had been using the band's money for personal interests, among which were his collection of Nazi paraphernalia, his drug addictions, his wedding with Dita Von Teese and the production of Phantasmagoria: The Visions of Lewis Carroll. A settlement of $380,000 would be reached in 2009. Bier is now an engineer for Faultline Productions.
- (To find more MansonWiki articles regarding Stephen Bier please click )
- Mark Chaussee – Chaussee was chosen as live guitarist for Marilyn Manson's Against All Gods tour, after John 5's recent departure. His playing style featured a more rigid, gloomy and aggressive sound, contrasting the glam rock influences of John 5 and the former style of the band as a whole. However, because of Chaussee's manner onstage and his inexpressive appearance, he was not well received by the band's fanbase. Upon the completion of the tour, Chaussee left Marilyn Manson.
- John 5 – John Lowery, better known as John 5, joined Marilyn Manson as live guitarist in 1998, replacing Zim Zum who left the band during the sessions for Mechanical Animals. His first attempt to join the band was as a replacement for Daisy Berkowitz in 1996, however he arrived late to the audition and lost the role to Zum. 5's first composing credit with the band was the song "Astonishing Panorama of the Endtimes". In 2004, John 5 left Marilyn Manson, citing creative differences. He is now a member of Rob Zombie.
- (To find more MansonWiki articles regarding John 5 please click )
- Zim Zum – Timothy Linton, better known as Zim Zum, joined Marilyn Manson as live guitarist in 1996, replacing Daisy Berkowitz, who had recently departed due to the harassment of his bandmates, particularly Manson. Zum went on to perform with the band in the studio for its next record, Mechanical Animals. Zim Zum would leave the band before the release of Mechanical Animals, with Zim stating he left due to creative differences while Manson claimed Zim was fired for being unreliable. Zim Zum would be replace by John 5 for the Mechanical Animals tour and he would go on to found two other projects, Pleistoscene and The Pop Culture Suicides.
- (To find more MansonWiki articles regarding Zim Zum please click )
- Daisy Berkowitz – Scott Putesky, better known as Daisy Berkowitz, formed Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids with Marilyn Manson in 1989. He was the lead composer for all of the band's early cassettes (many of which he also produced), and played guitar for the band until his departure in 1996, over irreconcilable differences with the rest of the band, particularly Manson. Putesky later obtained the rights to 21 Spooky Kids cassette recordings in a lawsuit against Manson, which were digitally remastered and released on the Lunch Boxes & Choklit Cows compilation.
- (To find more MansonWiki articles regarding Scott Putesky please click )
- Sara Lee Lucas – Fred Streithorst, Jr., better known as Sara Lee Lucas, or simply "Lucas", was the first drummer for Marilyn Manson. Beforehand, the band relied on a drum machine for percussion. Streithorst took up drumming as a teenager, playing in local South Florida band India Loves You alongside future bandmate Scott Putesky (Daisy Berkowitz). After quitting Marilyn Manson in 1995, Streithorst sued Brian Warner for unpaid royalties, settling in 1998. He has played for several other industrial bands such as Kuzmark and is known for his involvement in the development of digital percussion. Lucas founded his audio mastering company, Masterlab out of Orlando in 1998.
- Gidget Gein – The character, style and reputation of bassist Bradley Stewart, known professionally as Gidget Gein, acted as a precursor to what would be visually incorporated into Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids. As the band became more infamous, Gein's personality became more chaotic through extensive drug use, increasing bisexual public displays of affection and other various debauchery. When finding himself in a hospital bed after a heroin overdose on Christmas Eve 1993, Gein learned through Federal Express that his "services" in the band were no longer needed. Gein's stage appearance was adapted by his replacement, Twiggy Ramirez. Gein would spend the following years performing music independently while attempting to shake his drug addiction, until his death on October 9, 2008, which was determined to be the result of a fatal overdose.
- Olivia Newton Bundy – As Olivia Newton Bundy, Brian Tutunick was the initial bassist for Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids. His contributions can be heard on the early cassettes The Raw Boned Psalms and The Beaver Meat Cleaver Beat. Along with keyboardist Zsa Zsa Speck, Tutunick was fired from the band within months of its founding, after the Spooky Kids had only performed two shows. After being replaced by Gidget Gein, Tutunick continued performing in local bands, and enjoyed moderate success with Nation of Fear, before the group disbanded in 2000. Tutunick proceeded to appear on the weekly music show Feedback, on PAX TV.
- Zsa Zsa Speck – As Zsa Zsa Speck, Perry Pandrea was the initial keyboardist for Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids. His contributions can be heard on the early cassette The Beaver Meat Cleaver Beat. Along with bassist Olivia Newton Bundy, Pandrea was fired from the band within months of its founding, after the Spooky Kids had only performed two shows. After being replaced by Madonna Wayne Gacy, Pandrea continued performing in local bands, before reportedly going on to work as a school teacher.
Former Associated Members
- Jason Sutter - In January of 2012, Sutter was announced as touring drummer for Hey, Cruel World... tour. Sutter, who is reported to have been playing drums since the age of nine, has recorded and performed with such artists as The Rembrandts, Smash Mouth, Soundgarden, Foreigner and New York Dolls.
- Spencer Rollins - In May of 2013 Rollins made his first appearance as the bands live keyboardist. Spencer Rollins is a Los Angeles based musician, filmmaker and writer currently performing with the band to fill the position of keyboardist, vacant since the departure of keyboardist, drummer Chris Vrenna in 2010. Spencer's prior history with the band include Manson's personal assistant, also concept and film making contribution to the trailer for Born Villain, and has worked previously as a production assistant, videographer, independant associate producer, personal assistant to Lauren Christy and band tech for She Wants Revenge.
- Perou -
- Marilyn Manson – Manson's first credit as producer was on the Spooky Kids cassette After School Special. Afterwards, he produced the cassette Refrigerator, and co-produced every record released by the band to date.
- Johnny Depp – Depp co-produced "You're So Vain" in addition to performing guitar and drums on the song.
- Bruce Witkin – Witkin co-produced "You're So Vain" in addition to performing bass and keyboard on the song.
- Sean Beavan – Beavan assisted the production of Portrait of an American Family, engineered and mixed Smells Like Children, produced and mixed Antichrist Superstar, engineered and mixed Remix & Repent, engineered and assisted the production of Mechanical Animals, mixed Eat Me, Drink Me and Born Villain, and co-produced The High End of Low. He has also performed additional instruments on several of these records.
- Tim Skold – Skold co-produced the band's soundtrack submissions "Tainted Love" and "This Is Halloween", as well as the studio albums The Golden Age of Grotesque and Eat Me, Drink Me.
- Ben Grosse – Grosse co-produced the band's album The Golden Age of Grotesque.
- Dave Sardy – Sardy mixed the live album The Last Tour on Earth and co-produced Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death).
- Danny Saber – Saber co-produced "Inauguration of the Mechanical Christ", on the band's live album The Last Tour on Earth.
- Michael Beinhorn – Beinhorn co-produced the band's 1998 album Mechanical Animals (from which one song, "Coma White", was lifted for the bonus disc issued with The Last Tour on Earth in the United Kingdom).
- Dave Ogilvie – Ogilvie co-produced the band's 1996 album Antichrist Superstar.
- Trent Reznor – Reznor co-produced the Marilyn Manson albums Portrait of an American Family, Smells Like Children and Antichrist Superstar, the latter which he also performed on.
- Roli Mosimann – Mosimann was the initial producer of Marilyn Manson's debut album, Portrait of an American Family, however due to the misdirection the album was taking, he was replaced by Trent Reznor. Mossiman was credited as an engineer in the album's final mix.
- Charlie Logan – Logan produced the band's 1992 cassette Live as Hell. This material was recycled for Refrigerator a year later.
- Daisy Berkowitz – As Daisy Berkowitz, Scott Putesky produced the early cassettes Big Black Bus, Grist-o-Line, Lunchbox, After School Special and The Family Jams. He also produced the compilation Lunch Boxes & Choklit Cows.
- Frank Falestra – "Rat Bastard" Falestra produced Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids' 1990 cassette The Beaver Meat Cleaver Beat. He also served as an engineer on the 1991 cassette After School Special.
|Members of Marilyn Manson|
|Current members||Marilyn Manson • Twiggy|
|Former members||Olivia Newton Bundy • Zsa Zsa Speck • Gidget Gein • Sara Lee Lucas • Daisy Berkowitz • Zim Zum • John 5 • Mark Chaussee • Tim Skold • Madonna Wayne Gacy • Rob Holliday • Wes Borland • Andy Gerold • Ginger Fish • Chris Vrenna • Fred Sablan|
|Current||Tyler Bates • Gil Sharone • Paul Wiley|
|Former||Jason Sutter • Spencer Rollins|