Lady Gaga with Marilyn Manson
|Birth name||Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta|
|Born||March 28, 1986 (age 33)|
|Origin||New York City, New York|
|Genre(s)||Pop, synth pop, dance, electronic|
|Occupation(s)||Singer, songwriter, musician|
|Instrument(s)||Vocals, Piano, Synthesizer|
|Label(s)||Interscope Records, Streamline, Kon Live, Cherrytree, Def Jam|
|Associated acts||Marilyn Manson, Stefani Germanotta Band|
Lady Gaga (born Stefani Joanne Angelina Germanotta; March 28, 1986) is an American singer, songwriter, fashion designer, pianist and performance artist. She began performing in the rock music scene of New York City's Lower East Side. Lady Gaga soon signed with Streamline Records, an imprint of Interscope Records, upon its establishment in 2007. She would eventually rise to stardom with the release of her multi-platinum selling debut album "The Fame" in 2008.
Lady Gaga has in the past mentioned that she was a fan of Marilyn Manson and in 2009 the two met on the set of a Rolling Stone photo shoot which eventually led to Manson providing guest vocals on a remix of her single LoveGame. While it was reported that she would in turn remix one of his songs (which was inferred as Arma-goddamn-motherfuckin-geddon as she stated his new single is what she had collaborated on), this has never materialized.
- The Fame (2008)
- The Fame Monster EP (2010)
- Born This Way (2011)
- ARTPOP (2013)
- Cheek to Cheek (2014)
- Joanne (2016)
- Like Marilyn Manson, Lady Gaga prefers to go by her stage name, rather than her real birth name.
- Lady Gaga referred to Marilyn Manson as the last great rock star of her youth's generation in a televised interview after the 2009 Much Music Awards.
- In the same interview Lady Gaga showed very much liking to the song "WOW" which she stated was "amazing."
- At her Monster Ball Tour, LoveGame was interpreted featuring the "Marilyn Manson" remix.