Hey, Cruel World... (tour)
- For the song see Hey, Cruel World... (song)
|Hey, Cruel World... Tour|
|World tour by Marilyn Manson|
|Supporting album||Born Villain|
|Start date||February 24, 2012|
|Legs||10 (12 With the "Twins of Evil Tour")|
|Marilyn Manson tour chronology|
| The High End of Low Tour
| Hey, Cruel World... Tour and Twins of Evil Tour
| Masters of Madness Tour|
Hey, Cruel World... Tour was Marilyn Manson thirteenth tour. It was also the band's ninth tour to span over multiple legs, Rumors about the tour's itinerary began as early as June 3, 2011, when the Brazilian edition of the Portuguese broadsheet newspaper Destak published that agents for the band had finalized negotiations for the group to tour in Brazil and other South American countries as part of the SWU Music & Arts Festival in November 2011. Despite this, the band's supposed inclusion in the roster failed to materialize. The tour's 2012 itinerary was confirmed on October 2011 to include an Australian leg from late February to early March as part of the 5-day 2012 Soundwave music festival. After the Australian leg the tour will continue in Asia, North America and Europe. The tour includes Manson's first performances in the United States since mid-2009.
Manson announced the tour's title on his official website's journal a week before the tour began.
- Marilyn Manson – vocals, additional guitar
- Twiggy – guitar, backing vocals
- Fred Sablan – bass
- Jason Sutter – drums
The following list contains the most commonly played songs in the order they were most generally performed:
- "The WASP (Texas Radio and the Big Beat)", "Track 99", "Suspiria" (with "Overneath the Path of Misery" tease)
- "Hey, Cruel World..."
- "Disposable Teens"
- "The Love Song"
- "No Reflection"
- "The Dope Show" (with "Coma Black", "Diary of a Dope Fiend" or "Happiness Is a Warm Gun" intro)
- "Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every Day"
- "Rock Is Dead"
- "Personal Jesus"
- "Pistol Whipped"
- "1996 (Spoken)"
- "The Last Day on Earth"
- "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" (with "The Reflecting God" outro)
- "The Reflecting God"
- "Coma White" (with "In the Shadow of the Valley of Death" intro and "Coma Black a) Eden Eye" outro)
- "Antichrist Superstar" (with "King Kill 33° intro)
- "The Beautiful People" (with "Baby You're a Rich Man" intro)
- "Irresponsible Hate Anthem"
- "Little Horn"
- "Four Rusted Horses (Opening Titles Version)"
- "You're So Vain"
- "Antichrist Superstar" (Hey, Cruel World... Tour: Soundwave Festival Leg - Hey, Cruel World... Tour: Asian Leg)
- "Hey, Cruel World..." (Hey, Cruel World... Tour: North American Leg - Hey, Cruel World... Tour: Winter North American Leg)
Stage persona, attitude, and attire
- For most performances of "The Beautiful People" and a performance of "Murderers Are Getting Prettier Every Day", Manson wore a black coat.
- For performances of "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)", Manson used a light attachment on his microphone.
- For performances of "Pistol Whipped" and some performances of "Slo-Mo-Tion", Manson plays guitar.
- For performances of "No Reflection" Manson used a microphone in the shape of a knife, as he previously used during the The High End of Low Tour and Rape of the World Tour.
- For most performances of "Antichrist Superstar", Manson would rip and burn a bible, as he has notably done during past performances of the song and "Four Rusted Horses (Opening Titles Version)".
- For most performances of "The Dope Show" and "Slo-Mo-Tion", Manson wears a shiny tuxedo.
- During performances of "Slo-Mo-Tion", Manson held black balloons tied.
- For performances of "The Dope Show" Manson wears black sunglasses.
- For most performances of "Rock Is Dead" Manson wears a military shaped helmet styled like a disco ball.
- During the Soundwave Festival Twiggy wears a white dress. During the North American Leg Twiggy wears a yellow dress, an old red dress and an old green dress like the ones worn during the "Smells Like Children (tour)".
- For most performances of "mOBSCENE", the backdrop was highlighted with the word "mOBSCENE".
- For the Hey, Cruel World... Tour Manson used a microphone with a knuckle-duster attachment.
- For most performances of "The Dope Show", Manson use a pink boa.
- For most performances of "Antichrist Superstar", Twiggy wore a face mask, and for some performances of Hey, Cruel World..., Twiggy wore a punk baby mask by Rudy Coby.
- For some performances of Hey, Cruel World..., Marilyn Manson wore a black skull mask.
- For performances of "mOBSCENE", Manson wore a top hat.
- Before performances of "The Dope Show", Manson gives fake drugs to the crowd.
- For most performances of "Coma White" a snow effect was used on stage, like previously used during the Dead to the World tour.
- For certain performances of "The Love Song" and "Pistol Whipped", Manson carried an extinguisher with lights in the form of a gun.
- For some performances of "Tourniquet", Manson uses an umbrella with LED lights and confetti falls on the stage.
- For some performances of "The Beautiful People" and "Irresponsible Hate Anthem", Manson wore a Nazi officer hat.
- For performances of "Antichrist Superstar" Manson used a podium in the center of the stage, as he previously used during the Rape of the World tour, Against All Gods tour, Grotesk Burlesk tour, Guns, God and Government tour, Rock Is Dead (tour) and Dead to the World tour.
- For some performances of "Hey, Cruel World..." and most performances of "Coma White", Manson uses a black hat, previously used in the song The Speed of Pain of The Mechanical Animals (tour).
- For some performances of "Tourniquet", Manson uses extended arms, as he previously used during The Dope Show on the Grotesk Burlesk tour in 2003.
- During the Berlin, Germany show, Rammstein joined Marilyn Manson to play "The Beautiful People".
- During Revolver's Golden God's Awards Show in Los Angeles, California, Taylor Momsen of the band The Pretty Reckless joined Manson to sing "The Dope Show and Johnny Depp joined Manson to play "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)" and "The Beautiful People".
- During the August 18, 2012 West Hollywood Sunset Strip Music Festival, Marilyn Manson performed three The Doors songs: "People Are Strange", "Love Me Two Times" and "Five to One" accompanied by Ray Mansarek and Robby Krieger of The Doors and Twiggy Ramirez on bass.
|2||2012/04/11||Los Angeles||USA||Revolver Golden Gods Awards|
|4||2012/08/02||Los Angeles||USA||Greek Theatre|
|5||2012/08/04||Los Angeles||USA||Sony Pictures Studios Theater|
Hey, Cruel World... Tour Images
- Main article: 2011-2012 Born Villain imagery
- Flesch, José Norberto (2011-06-03). "Marilyn Manson comes to Brazil in November". Destak. Cofina. http://www.destakjornal.com.br/readContent.aspx?id=17,98997. Retrieved 2011-06-08.
- CK (2011-10-06). "Soundwave 2012! Get Ready For Offspring, Marilyn Manson and Evanescence!". Triple M Network. Austereo Radio Network. http://www.triplem.com.au/sydney/music/news/blog/soundwave-2012-get-ready-for-offspring-marilyn-manson-and-evanescence/20111006-eobd.html. Retrieved 2011-10-11.
- CK (2011-2-14). "Marilyn Manson Plots Spring U.S. Tour". Billboard. Prometheus Global Media. http://www.billboard.com/events/marilyn-manson-plots-spring-u-s-tour-1006191352.story#/events/marilyn-manson-plots-spring-u-s-tour-1006191352.story. Retrieved 2011-2-18.
- CK (2012-2-18). "I AM BEGINNING MY HEY CRUEL WORLD…TOUR.". MarilynManson.com. http://marilynmanson.com/2012/i-am-beginning-my-hey-cruel-world-tour/. Retrieved 2012-2-20.