Guns, God, and Government – Live in L.A.
- This article is about the Blu-ray Disc. For other uses, see and Guns, God and Government (the actual tour) and Guns, God, and Government World Tour (the collectible tour book) .
|Guns, God and Government - Live in L.A.|
|Video by Marilyn Manson|
|Released||November 17, 2009|
|Recorded||2001 in Los Angeles, California at the Universal Amphitheatre during the Guns, God and Government tour|
|Genre||Alternative metal, heavy metal, industrial metal|
|Producer||Marilyn Manson, Geoff Foulkes, Mark Hurry, Daniel Catullo III|
|Marilyn Manson chronology|
Guns, God, and Government – Live in L.A. is the first Blu-ray Disc by Marilyn Manson. It was released on November 17, 2009 by Eagle Rock Entertainment and features the live performance of the October 8, 2001 concert in Los Angeles, California during the band's 2000-2001 Guns, God and Government tour in support of their fourth full-length studio LP Holy Wood (In the Shadow of the Valley of Death). The disc documents the concert in full instead of a montage of live performances as previously released in the 2002 DVD release Guns, God and Government World Tour.
It also contains special features of a backstage look at Marilyn Manson's tour including cameos from such artists as Ozzy Osbourne and Eminem.
- "Intro/Count to Six and Die" – 2:16
- "Irresponsible Hate Anthem" – 3:46
- "The Reflecting God" – 5:34
- "Great Big White World" – 5:02
- "Disposable Teens" – 3:56
- "The Fight Song" – 4:19
- "The Nobodies" – 3:56
- "Rock Is Dead" – 3:13
- "The Dope Show" – 4:14
- "Cruci-Fiction in Space" – 5:02
- "Sweet Dreams/"Hell Outro" – 6:14
- "The Love Song" – 3:13
- "Antichrist Superstar" – 4:20
- "The Beautiful People" – 5:05
- "Astonishing Panorama of the Endtimes" – 4:08
- "Lunchbox" – 9:02
- Outro (unlisted) – 2:48
- 'The Death Parade': A 30 minute short film of the band's last trip around the world.
- Marilyn Manson - Vocals
- John 5 - Lead Guitar
- Twiggy Ramirez - Bass Guitar
- Madonna Wayne Gacy - Keyboards
- Ginger Fish - Drums
Reviewed by Dr. Svet Atanasov, October 29, 2009 Blu-Ray.com "If you happen to be a Marilyn Manson fan, you want to pre-order Guns, God and Government - Live in L.A. as soon as possible. While I cannot say yet that I liked what I saw - I would probably have to watch the show one more time to figure out exactly how I feel about it - I must admit that it certainly had an effect on me. On the technical side of things, as expected, Eagle Rock Entertainment's Blu-ray treatment does not disappoint."
- The chariot used in the intro for "Count to Six and Die (The Vacuum of Infinite Space Encompassing)" was a prop from the movie Ben-Hur.
- "The Death Song" was removed since it wasn't shown on the pay-per-view version back when it originally premiered.