- This article is about the song
- For the live bootleg see Cyclops Live
|Song by Marilyn Manson|
|Album||Portrait of an American Family|
|Released||July 19, 1994|
|Recorded||August–December 1993 at Criteria Studios in Miami, Florida, Record Plant Studios in Los Angeles, California, The Village Recorder and Pig|
|Genre||Heavy metal, alternative metal|
|Composer||Daisy Berkowitz, Gidget Gein, Madonna Wayne Gacy|
|Producer||Marilyn Manson, Trent Reznor|
"Cyclops" is the fifth track on the 1994 release Portrait of an American Family. The earliest recording of this song dates back to the band's After School Special cassette tape, released in December 1991.
- "Cyclops" — Appears on After School Special.
- "Cyclops" — Appears on The Manson Family Album.
- "Cyclops" — Appears on Portrait of an American Family.
After School Special
The Manson Family Album version
cyclops woman got one eye in her head mascera-clotted vision she is fed cyclops woman can't see nothing at all she got a pin-prick-spiral hole she can't see nothing, nothing at all she can't see nothing, nothing at all cyclops woman dying in her shell guilt got her trapped in nailed in well cyclops woman is the eye of the world who's reflection's in the retina? she can't see nothing, nothing at all she can't see nothing, nothing at all dialate, dialate
- If the song is fast-forwarded by x1, the sinister moaning from "The Hands of Small Children" can be heard.
- The guitar riff, especially in the After School Special version, strongly resembles that of "Coma White".