Cake and Sodomy
|"Cake and Sodomy"|
|Song by Marilyn Manson|
|Album||Portrait of an American Family|
|Released||July 19, 1994|
|Recorded||August–December 1993 at Criteria Studios in Miami, Florida, Record Plant Studios in Los Angeles, California, The Village Recorder and Pig|
|Producer||Marilyn Manson, Trent Reznor|
In 1990, a woman Marilyn Manson met at a McDonald's in Fort Lauderdale invited Manson to spend a weekend with her in New York City. Upon discovering that the girl was using her sister's ID because she was too young to work, Manson abandoned her, shortly after which he ran into two clubbers from South Florida. Manson spent the remainder of his stay in New York at the clubbers' hotel room, where he stumbled on public-access channels, which were "a completely new phenomenon" to him. Manson "spent hours flipping through the station, watching Pat Robertson preach about society's evils and then ask people to call him with their credit card number," while "On the other channel, a guy was greasing up his cock with Vaseline and asking people to call and give him their credit card number." This inspired Manson to grab the hotel notepad and begin penning the song's lyrics.
Manson explains in his autobiography The Long Hard Road Out of Hell that "I had written other songs I thought were good, but "Cake and Sodomy" was more than just a good song. As an anthem for the hypocritical America slobbering on the tit of Christianity, it was a blueprint for our future message."
 Spooky Kids Version
Grist-O-Line - Lunchbox Version
Live as Hell - Refrigerator Version
 The Manson Family Album Version
- "Cake and Sodomy" — Grist-o-Line and Lunchbox versions are identical.
- "Cake and Sodomy" — Live as Hell' and Refrigerator versions are identical.
- "Cake and Sodomy" — Appears on The Manson Family Album.
- "Cake and Sodomy" — Appears on Portrait of an American Family.
- "White Trash" (Remixed by Tony f. wiggins) — Appears on Smells Like Children.
- "Everlasting Cocksucker" — Appears on Smells Like Children.
The version featured on the band's 1994 album Portrait of an American Family featured the following lyrics:
i am the god of fuck, i am the god of fuck virgins sold in quantity, herded by heredity red-neck-burn-out-mid-west-mind, "who said date rape isn't kind?" porno-nation, evaluation what's this 'time for segregation' libido, libido fascination, too much oral defecation white trash get down on your knees, time for cake and sodomy time for cake and sodomy (i am the god of fuck, i am the god of fuck) vcr's and vaseline, tv-fucked by plastic queens cash in hand and dick on screen, who said god was ever clean? bible-belt round anglo-waste, putting sinners in their place yeah, right, great if you're so good explain the shit stains on your face white trash get down on your knees, time for cake and sodomy time for cake and sodomy
- The words "Go on, smile you cunt" at the beginning are spoken by Marlon Brando, taken from the 1973 film Last Tango in Paris.
- On some bootlegs "Luci in the Sky with Demons" and this track are mislabeled as "White Trash".