Birth of the Anti-Christ
- This article is about bootleg
- For DVD see Birth of the Anti-Christ (DVD)
|Birth of the Anti-Christ|
|Bootleg by Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids|
|Genre||Alternative metal, heavy metal|
|Discogs||View at Discogs|
|Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids chronology|
Birth of the Anti-Christ is a bootleg compilation by Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids, released in 2000 by Nightingale Records. The enhanced CD contains seven of the first studio performances by the band and five very low-quality video clips of one of the band's first live shows.
- "Wrong Radio Noise" - 0:48
- "Sam Son of Man" - 4:47
- "Strange Same Dogma" - 3:49
- "My Monkey" - 4:47
- "TV TV" - 4:24
- "Red Head" - 4:15
- "Telephone" - 5:11
- "Luci in the Sky with Demons" - 4:52
- "Cake and Sodomy" - 4:19
- "Choklit Factory" - 6:17
- "Thrift" - 6:30
- "My Monkey" - 3:48
- The intro track "Wrong Radio Noise" is a distorted sample of the theme song from '80's sitcom Charles In Charge. Daisy Berkowitz confirmed in an interview with SpookyKids.net that the band did use that as intro music before some early shows, making it a legitimate Spooky Kids track.
- The tracks "Sam Son of Man", "TV TV", "Red Head" and "Telephone" are in fact called "Son of Man", "I.V-T.V", "Red (In My) Head" and "The Telephone" respectively. All tracks are several seconds longer than their original versions on The Beaver Meat Cleaver Beat, although there is no notable difference between the songs on both releases.
BIRTH OF THE ANTI-CHRIST features the first studio
performances of one of the world's greatest performers,
Marilyn Manson with his band The Spooky Kids
Recorded in 1990 by record producer Rat Bastard Falestra
and Marilyn Manson's then girlfriend Missie Romero, this
enhanced CD shows not only video footage of the little
known Marilyn Manson but also recordings of the band
as never heard before. With songs such as My Monkey,
Strange Same Dogma and Sam Son of Man. Assembled from
material supplied by Missie Romero, Rat Bastard Falestra
Chris Nichols and Will Raee
This piece of history will enthrall you and entertain
you the more you watch and hear Birth of the Anti-Christ.
The recommended minimum requirements for the enhanced section of the CD are Windows 95 or later for
the PC and OS 8.1 or later for the Mac.
It is recommended that you use QuickTime™ to view the video clips. If QuickTime™ is not present on your
machine you will be invited to install the version supplied on the disk. Once the installation is complete it will
be neceessary to restart your machine and to represent the CD into the CD drive at which point, if the CD
drive is so-enabled, the disk will run automatically: if the disk does not run automatically - or if you are run-
ning a Mac - it will be necessary to lanch the video clips by double-clicking on the appropriate icon (in 'My
Computer' folder on the CD icon on your desktop or wherever the icon might also appear).
Please not that the enhanced section of the CD will not run if you are using a CD writer.