Against All Gods (tour)
From MansonWiki, the Marilyn Manson encyclopedia
|Against All Gods Tour|
|World tour by Marilyn Manson|
|Supporting album||Lest We Forget – The Best Of|
|Start date||October 27, 2004|
|End date||August 31, 2005|
|Marilyn Manson tour chronology|
| Grotesk Burlesk
| Against All Gods
| Rape of the World|
Against All Gods was the tenth tour Marilyn Manson embarked on, under management of major record label Interscope Records. It was also the band's sixth tour to span over multiple legs. The band was on the tour from October 27, 2004 until August 31, 2005.
- Marilyn Manson – vocals, saxophone
- Mark Chaussee – guitar, bass
- Tim Skold – bass, double bass, backing vocals
- Madonna Wayne Gacy – keyboards, percussions, programming
- Chris Vrenna – drums
The following list contains the most commonly played songs in the order they were most generally performed:
- "Prelude (The Family Trip)"
- "The Love Song"
- "Irresponsible Hate Anthem"
- "Disposable Teens"
- "Tourniquet" (with "Minute of Decay" intro)
- "Personal Jesus"
- "Get Your Gunn"
- "Great Big White World"
- "Tainted Love"
- "The Fight Song" (with "Lamb of God" and "Mommy Dear" intro)
- "The Nobodies"
- "The Dope Show" (with "Diary of a Dope Fiend" intro)
- "Rock Is Dead"
- "The Golden Age of Grotesque"
- "Sweet Dreams (Are Made of This)"
- "The Beautiful People"
- "Antichrist Superstar"
- "The Reflecting God"
- "Suicide Is Painless"
Stage persona, attitude and attire
- The costumes for the Against All Gods tour (all designed by Vivienne Westwood) went through two discernible phases.
- Initially, Manson took to the stage wearing a black jacket with pink trimming and wore a black gothic vest with a long, open black skirt. His new makeup design primarily consisted of a black band across his eyes, chrome veneers and a white eyelash.
- During "The Dope Show," he donned a black and white stripped suit jacket.
- For some performances of "mOBSCENE" Manson, uses a top hat and a black vest also had a silver strip running down it.
- When the tour moved to Europe, the band sported a Victorian dress style. Though the skirt remained similar, Manson’s vest then sported blue-velvet frills, and his entry jacket had a Black Plague theme.
- For some performances of "The Nobodies" that was meant to look like a plague doctor's, with real chicken bones sewn on in the shape of a sergeant’s shoulder decoration and a bagful of onions.
- For performances of "mOBSCENE" Manson, uses a military jacket and peak cap.
- For some performances of "The Beautiful People" Manson, uses the hat of a nazi officer.
- For some performances of "Tourniquet" and "(s)AINT", robots were utilized.
- During some performances of "Tourniquet", Manson used stilts as well.
|Tour Leg||Time Span|
|Against All Gods Tour: North American Leg||2004/10/27 – 2004/12/20|
|Against All Gods Tour: Asian Leg||2005/01/29 (Cancelled) – 2005/02/06|
|Against All Gods Tour: Mexican Leg||2005/02/09|
|Against All Gods Tour: European Leg||2005/05/27 – 2005/08/31|