|Song by Marilyn Manson|
|Released||October 8, 1996|
|Recorded||1996 at Nothing Studios in New Orleans, Louisiana|
|Genre||Industrial metal, heavy metal|
|Composer||Twiggy, Daisy Berkowitz|
|Producer||Trent Reznor, Dave Ogilvie, Marilyn Manson|
"1996" is the thirteenth track on Marilyn Manson's second studio album, Antichrist Superstar. It was recorded at Nothing Studios in New Orleans, Louisiana during 1996, and was released on October 8, 1996. Both the song's lyrics and music were culled from older poems and demos, respectively.
- Antichrist Superstar – "1996" made its first appearance on this 1996 album.
- "1996" – The album version of this song appears on Antichrist Superstar.
- "1996" (Spoken) – A live performance of "1996" appears in the band's first commercial film, Dead to the World, in which Manson recites the song's lyrics as a spoken piece.
- "1996" (Demo) – previously unreleased version but put online by Scott Putesky in 2011 and appears on Antichrist Final Songs.
anti choice anti girl I am the anti-flag unfurled anti white and anti man I got the anti-future plan anti fascist anti mod I am the anti-music god anti sober anti whore there will never be enough of anti more I can't believe in the things that don't believe in me
now it's your turn to see what I hate about me anti people now you've gone too far here's your antichrist superstar anti money anti hate anti things I fucked and ate anti cop anti fun here is my anti-president gun anti Satan anti black anti world is on my back anti gay and anti dope I am the faggot anti-pope I can't believe in the things that don't believe in me now it's your turn to see what I hate about me anti people now you've gone too far here's your antichrist superstar anti peace anti life anti husband, anti wife anti song and anti me I don't deserve a chance to be anti people now you've gone too far here's your antichrist superstar
- "1996" features the same riff as "She's Not My Girlfriend", a song from Marilyn Manson & the Spooky Kids' 1990 cassette Grist-o-Line, albeit played faster. Curiously, Twiggy is given sole credit for writing "1996", despite Scott Putesky having composed the recycled riff in question several years before Twiggy had joined the band.Scott Putesky said in 2011: "I would change "1996" to "She's Not My Girlfriend. Twiggy Ramirez actually ripped off the riff that Gidget Gein came up with on "She's Not My Girlfriend, and there was legal action over that. I would rather have done "She's Not My Girlfriend" than the new twist on it, "1996." 
- The line "light a candle for the sinners, set the world on fire" that is spoken in the beginning of the song is taken from a poem Manson wrote entitled "Stained Glass".